cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChap
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Rant - Nightmare with Straighforward Switch

I was due today to be switched over from Sky Unlimited Fibre to BT. It was straightforward supposedly as I kept my line active with Sky until BT have taken it over.

I did notice an alert on my order just after I placed the order to say there was a delay but I contacted BT via the online chat on several occasions to make sure everything was OK and was informed there were no delays, the service will be active on 14th June.

I rang today for an update as the router is still not lighting up blue, only to be told that the order has been put on hold as the postcode and landline number do not match what sky have on record. I rang sky and all details are correct, rang BT back and all details are correct at their end but Openreach could not activate the line. Sky have now deactivated the line as they told me BT have now taken over it.

I am left with no phone line or bb and have been told I have to wait 24 hours to reorder under a completely new order and then within 24 hours an engineer will activate the phone line. Once the line is active (again allow 24 hours) the order for he broadband can be placed and an engineer will activate but will be 7-14 days before I have bb.

This is absolutely ridiculous and very frustrating that there is nothing can be done and I will be left without service for a considerable period of time because BT have missed up a simple switchover.

Are these time periods likely to be the case or could I be up and running in a much quicker timeframe?

I am close to cancelling altogether and going back to Sky for my bb only this will take a period of time as I no longer have an active line.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Rant - Nightmare with Straighforward Switch

Its not a simple switchover, its a cease and re-provide and your Sky connection is returned to Openreach and allocated to the next order in the queue, which may not be your order.

If you are unlucky, and the cabinet is full, then you may have a very long wait.

0 Ratings
CChap
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply Keith.

I did have an active fibre connection with Sky this morning. I was told to keep this line active by both Sky and BT as BT will take ownership of the active line and I would have minimal downtime on the switch. Openreach were at the cabinet today but were unable to activate as Sky had informed BT that the postcode did not match on the new order as the details they had and Openreach have confirmed this. But BT cannot explain this as the details they have are correct.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

101 on how to wind someone up there Keith...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
CChap
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

a.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Use the address checker as your number won't work.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
CChap
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

a.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Doesn't seem to be a capacity issue. You'll just need to place the order as explained.
0 Ratings