cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Rationalising a hybrid and very old business and residential account

Go to solution

Wasn't sure where to post this, so please redirect if there's somewhere more appropriate.

I have two phone lines and two accounts visible within one "My BT" logon. One account has a phone line and broadband, and used to be a BT business account which I was told was added to my residential account under "My BT" probably 10 years ago. I don't care if I lose the number, it's just a line to carry broadband. The other account, which has always been residential is just a simple phone line but everyone knows its number. Ultimately I want just one line with broadband on it, with the phone number everyone knows.

One possible complication is that the broadband account, as it's ex-business, came with btclick e-mail addresses which have been in use for 20+ years, although a few years ago they were changed to be aliases for btconnect addresses. Again, everyone knows the btclick mail addresses. I also have some btinternet (residential ?) e-mail addresses that the family also use, so I can't lose any of them.

So what's the question ?

How do I rationalise this mess to one phone line with a number everyone knows, that carries broadband. It should be simple - just add broadband to the phone line that doesn't currently have it and cancel the other one, right ? 

What worries me is that if I do this and cancel the ex-business line, someone, somewhere will trash my btclick/btconnect mail addresses, where what I actually want to do with them is upgrade to "proper" office365 instead of the POP office lite or whatever its called provided with btconnect/btclick, which is just not up to snuff when you use various mobile devices, laptops and desktops.

I used to be able to get into "Manage Services" on the BT Business side to manage the btconnect accounts, but as a result of recent "improvements" I can't get to any sort of management pages. I then end up with hours on chat or the phone with BT residential saying I need to talk to business and then vice versa. I also used to be able to manage my btinternet mail addresses but I can't do that any more for reasons that I can't even remember since I started this sorry saga.

Any suggestions on where to start ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rationalising a hybrid and very old business and residential account

Go to solution

I think this is quite complicated and could go horribly wrong so I have asked forum mods to help or suggest best route to try and achieve what you want. They will post a link here and after you complete the form it goes into a queue and mods will get back to you in 2/3days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @tangledaccounts,

I'll be able to take a look at the residential side of things and advise you of the best way forward. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @tangledaccounts

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this evening.

I'm pleased to have been able to help sort this out.  The second line is stopped now and the number you wanted to keep has been moved over to the line with the broadband.

Also, your @btinternet emails are all associated to your broadband account and the second account on your MyBT profile has been removed Smiley Happy

I'll go ahead and close this off from here as agreed.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”