cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Coopersdad
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: 14 day cooling off period. Beware!!!!!

I am having a similar issue.
I am 8 days into a contract and am getting quoted over 500quid to terminate
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Coopersdad Thanks for posting, sorry about that was it the retentions team you were speaking to as only that department are able to put through the cancellation within the cooling off period? 

The 14 day starts from when the service starts, and not from when the order is placed. This gives you 14 days of service to change your mind and cancel without any contractual penalty charges. 

If the service has started you'll still have to pay:

• Any installation or connection charges if the service has started
  • Rental charges, for the days that you've used the service
  • Any calls made and broadband usage until the service stopped
  • Postage and packaging for any equipment we've sent out
  • BT Sport, BT TV bolt-on, Net Protect Plus and BT Cloud. All of these are digital products and carry a 30 day rental liability

I'll send you a private message with details on how you can contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Coopersdad
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

It was retention I spoke to and was told I had 24hours after activation
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@Coopersdad

Please contact @NeilO via the private message https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage he sent you. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Coopersdad I have just picked up your message here. I just need to clarify a few more account details, please get back to me when you can.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 8

@Coopersdad thanks  for your lightening-fast replies. 

As an update for this thread - this is a BT Business account, and we are unfortunately unable to help.

It may be worth trying to post on the BT Business Community, but for a fast reply please contact BT Business directly on 0800 800 152. Their contact page is available here.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify the above information I posted about the 14 day cooling off period is only applicable to customers who have a BT residential service. 

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”