cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: 2 Accounts but My BT defaults to the inactive one

I had a similar issue with my old account. Now I can't see either. I've had a complaint open for 6 weeks now and BT still haven't resolved the issue: 

Yesterday they even closed the complaint without telling me. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Dtliddle, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. I've moved your post to create your own thread to prevent confusion with the other forum member's case.

I'm sorry your complaint was closed and the case was not resolved. You've got a similar issue so would you please elaborate on what's going wrong for you and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Originally both my new and old bt account were associated with my MYBT login, but like the other poster I couldn't see all of my details on my account.

Subsequent to this my MYBT login was deleted by BT support and has been recreated - but without my BT account linked to it.

When I login I now get the error message: 'You don't have any accounts you can manage'

When I then try to add my BT account number it says: 'Sorry, it looks like that is someone else's account. Would you like to claim this account as your own?'

I then say 'This is my account', get past the security question and it asks to send a PIN to my email or phone number. These have stars in them to obscure but appear to be my details, however I never receive any PIN number to either my phone or email address therefore I can't add my account.

As mentioned the complaint has been ongoing for over 6 weeks now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Dtliddle, thanks for clarifying your situation. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings