Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeT83
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Re: Amazon Prime reward for New BT customers

Go to solution
I have had the same problem. I have received two emails stating to claim which I filled in and it said I would receive an email in the next few days, that was 5 days ago and still not received an email
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Go to solution

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

According to the T&Cs you should receive your unique code by email within 28 days. Has it been more than 28 days since your broadband was activated?

Amazon Prime: 12 Months Amazon Prime offer ends 24 January 2019. Available to new and existing customers who buy a BT Fibre Broadband product (excluding Superfast Fibre Plus). We’ll email you within 28 days of your Fibre Broadband being installed to let you know how to claim your unique code to add Prime to your Amazon account. You will then have 28 days to claim your unique code. Once you have your code, you’ll then have a year to add Prime to your Amazon account or extend your membership for 12 months.

When was your broadband service activated?

0 Ratings
MikeT83
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
I believe it was activated around 15th of January (I might be mistaken) but I have claimed it using the emails that where sent to me
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @MikeT83 The fact you have received the confirmation emails means you are going to receive the service ok.

I'm sure there set up of the Amazon Prime will complete okThe activation date of the 15th looks a bit early to me as the offer only started on the 11th of January. If you check your first bill you will see the date we started charging you from which is the activation date. If it's over 28 days post back and let us know and we'll be happy to help you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MikeT83
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Hi can this be chased up for myself, as I did message stating that I haven’t received an email with the code (even though I have claimed for it twice on 2 separate emails that I have received). When I messaged it was stated to wait till after the 28 days from my activation of the internet and now it is past the 28 days and still no email/code
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @MikeT83,

I'm sorry you have received your code to activate your Amazon Prime Membership.

I've sent you an private message with details on how you can contact the mod team and we'll chase that up for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @MikeT83

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me this morning.

Sorry for the delay receiving the code to claim your Amazon Prime subscription.  I have sent you the code there now.

As agreed, I'll go ahead and close things off from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
kevcritch
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

My problem is that BT are trying to avoid giving me Amazon Prime. On their online chat an adviser said that i was out of date signing up, but i was able to provide proof that i was in date by having received a confirmaton email off them. The adviser said she would pass it to another team to contact me within 5 days - they never did get in touch. I submitted a complaint to try to resolve what should be a really basic matter and received a reply that the offer only appied to fibre broadband, not the 'copper' broadband that i signed up to. Luckily, i took a photo of the USwitch page from which i signed up so i have proof that the copper broadband was eligible. I will never sign up to TalkTalk again because of their shoddy customer services and i am afraid that this is giving me a really poor impression of BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@kevcritch 

The Uswitch page ony says "12-month subscription to the service on its Superfast Essential, Superfast Fibre and Superfast Fibre 2 deals, with the Fibre and Fibre 2 deals also coming with a prepaid BT Reward Mastercard."

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2019/01/bt_offers_year_of_amazon_prime_with_broadband_deals/

If you ordered just standard broadband, then that would not be eligible. Check you order confirmation from BT.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @kevcritch ,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry you haven't received the code to claim the Amazon Prime membership. Please can you confirm what date you placed the order and what package was ordered?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings