cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hawk
Message 1 of 6

Re: Another 'Engineer' callout charge

Hi, first time posting but i am so frustrated not being able to get an answer on the phone from BT within a reasonable amount time (25 minutes last time i called i had to hang up) i have decided to try my luck on here. I had an engineers visit a couple of weeks ago. All internal wiring to the master socket had already been disconnected. The fault was showing as outside the property but BT insisted the engineer would need to come inside and i might, but probably wouldn't be charged. Things are a bit tight money wise so i was reluctant but agreed due to pressure on the phone from BT. No surpise to anyone reading this that i just been charged (£129.99) for an Engineers ' Home Improvement' callout. All the Engineer did was replace the BT Master Socket. I feel really ripped of by this and would appreciate some help in getting this charge removed without having to spend hours on the phone listening to the 'Were really busy' recorded message. From a customers perspective it might temper the situation if we were given some sort of explanation as to the works carried out and why. It feels like we are just being charged blindly.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Here is a guide to when charges are raised.

Engineer visits – information and charges

The section, problems inside your home, may be of help.

0 Ratings
Hawk
Message 3 of 6

I have seen that link already thanks. It is not specific to what they charged 'me' for. None of the potential reasons for being charged would seem applicable. I want to know what exactly they are charging me for in this instance. This is the second time in 12 months they have sent an engineer round and charged me. I swallowed it the first time but this time i would like to know more.
They should not be able to bill someone without more explanation as to what was done on the visit being charged for.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi Hawk,

I can take a look at the engineers report to see why the charge was raised. Please send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Hawk wrote:
....This is the second time in 12 months they have sent an engineer round and charged me. ....

and you say "All the Engineer did was replace the BT Master Socket" at the previous visit 12 months ago. If they had to replace the Master Socket, then it sounds like you didn't have a good job done 12 months ago, and they left you with a potential fault, or installed faulty equipment?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@FloFosterJenkins wrote:

@Hawk wrote:
....This is the second time in 12 months they have sent an engineer round and charged me. ....

and you say "All the Engineer did was replace the BT Master Socket" at the previous visit 12 months ago. If they had to replace the Master Socket, then it sounds like you didn't have a good job done 12 months ago, and they left you with a potential fault, or installed faulty equipment?

Oops, should have been:

and you say "All the Engineer did was replace the BT Master Socket" at the recent visit. If they had to replace the Master Socket, then it sounds like you didn't have a good job done 12 months ago, and they left you with a potential fault, or installed faulty equipment?

0 Ratings