Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DianeIsobell
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Re: BT Basic application form

Go to solution

Hi, I'm having the same nightmare for my Mother - 8 forms later and the same excuses over and over again and now yet another form being sent out as apparently the DWP information was not enough for them to accept she is on pension guarantee credit - for goodness sake!!! I'm starting to think they are deliberately making this difficult - you would think that given who this is aimed at it would be a lot easier. Her claim has apparently now been escalted to a complaint department (which is what they told us 6 weeks and several forms earlier) I have never known such a shambolic set of departments! outrageous BT is it any wonder their reputation is what it is.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @DianeIsobell 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having getting BT Basic set up for your Mum.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DianeIsobell
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
Replied to your message. Let’s see shall we I have honestly lost all faith! and lodged a complaint with ombudsman. It’s like Groundhog Day! What a disgrace to treat pensioners this way you’re supposed to make it easier!
0 Ratings
bigbassman9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

I managed to get away from bt as it was just a shambles to try and get the product they advertise ,

I closed my account at the beginning of January and still get letters saying im not eligible for bt basic even though im no longer a customer . I now tether my mobile phone to get internet in my home and it is faster than bt , ok i cant watch or stream as data is limited but so was bt basic with b/band so i cope , Cost is £10 a month pay as you go 

0 Ratings
DianeIsobell
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Well...thanks to the help from the moderator my Mother now has BT basic all set up. Hopefully the department will go through a shake up and get better in the future so that nobody has to go through what we went through to get it sorted which by the way I still don’t think would be done if it wasn’t for the help from this forum.
DanielS
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @DianeIsobell,

I am happy to see that we were able to get everything sorted for you. I am sorry it took as long as it did to get to this stage. As part of your complaint we went to the person who's over BT Basic and made them aware of everything.

Take care and have a great weekend Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
homephone48
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Daniel, 

I'm having similar issues. I sent the completed application form 3 weeks ago and called to establish whether it was received by BT and I was told the communications team hold this information but they cannot confer or give me a number to confirm whether they have received the form. I don't want this process to be protracted like the posted above and go through the same problems. Please can you advise whom I can connect to advise me on if/when the form was received so that I can get an idea on when I expect feedback on the next steps. 

I was advised all being well the migration could happen before the end of August 2020 when requesting the form. 

Your help and assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Naz

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @homephone48,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not heard back from the BT Basic team. Normally we would expect them to have gotten back to customers within 3 weeks but so things are a little slower at the moment. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so we can check this out for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
homephone48
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks for this Matt.

Regards, 

Naz

0 Ratings
homephone48
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Matt, 

I've checked my private messages but I cannot see any messages there. Would it be ok for you to send again?

Regards, 

0 Ratings