cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: BT Billing incompetence

I'am leaving BT & switching to SKY, because SKY is much cheaper. I really don't know how BT work out your bill. It continually goes up & up. I have a contract mobile phone with BT, which costs £20 per month, & BT broadband (Unlimited), which costs; God only knows! My bill varies from anything like £54 per month to £81 per month. Again, where do they come up with these fugures? I hardly use my mobile phone, I don't have a landline phone either, so I can't even blame the price jumping up on that. So, I've decided to leave them.

However, when i was chatting with an agent online, I asked if it would be possible to pay my bill on the 20th of April instead of the 13th of April because of an unexpected family crisis. This agent said that they would extend my billing period to the 20th of April, & I thought, fantastic, what a great company who really care for their customers.

Not the case! I checked my bank account, & they had taken the money for my bill via direct debit on the 13th of April, leaving me penniless & up sh%t creek! My heart sank when i saw my bank account balance.

There is a total communication breakdown. I had every faith in them when they said they would extend the payment date, but they certainly didn't! Now I don't know what to do. And I'll have to pay a further £71 odds when I leave BT.

In hindsight, I should've cancelled my direct debit with my bank, but as I said, I had every faith that they would stay true to their word & take the payment on the date agreed. I'm so annoyed, & feel betrayed.

Suzymcc. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 5

Hi @suzymcc

Welcome and thanks for your post. I am sorry that your bills are different amounts each month and also that we did not come through on our promise to change your payment date. I would like to help with this if you send over your details by clicking on the contact link within my profile. 

Thanks,
OlgaC

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for getting back to me OlagC.

I submitted a form with all of my details, & I have sent you a pm.

suzymcc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Sorry, I meant OlgaC.

Regards,
Suzymcc.
0 Ratings