cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Re: BT Cannot cancel my account

Go to solution

Interesting, I've just moved to Vodafone and my BT Account / Broadband Package is still open.  Obviously, I paid a month upfront and haven't received a refund.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez,

Thank you for posting. I've moved your post onto its own thread as the other one had been marked as solved.

I'm sorry to see that you've left BT. When did your service start with your new provider? It normally takes around 10 working days for the final bill to arrive.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

OK it's only been 7 working days.  thanks

Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez,

You will get a Final Bill after the account has closed. Can you confirm that you've received confirmation, from us, that your account with BT is closing or has already closed?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, no, I've heard nothing from BT yet.  I moved to Vodafone so they are supposed to deal with the winding down the BT side of things. thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez 

Thanks for posting back!

I see - thank you for confirming.  I am sorry for the confusion about your BT account closing now that you've moved your services away.  We can take a quick look at your account to make sure all is in order - for your peace of mind.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I'll be in touch as the person on the webchat is adament that I need to phone the cancellations team and inform BT that I'm switching and that I want to cancel my services with BT.  I've tried to tell her that Vodafone places new order with Openreach and it's Openreach that's supposed to inform BT but she's having none of it.  Clearly scripted responses or BT not up to date with Ofcom's One-Stop Switching for switching providers on the Openreach Network.  BT now asking for next months bill; which they won't be getting.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez, it sounds like your new provider has just set up a new service rather than transfer your service over from us.
Did you keep your phone number?

You've a Private Message already from @RobbieMac so please reply back with the requested information and we'll be happy to help you.
cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

New Landline Number right enough.  Openreach guy said that I cannot "port" my old landline number over to Vodafone as other providers get allocated "ranges of numbers" so I had to get a new landline number from the range that had been allocated to Vodafone.  Yes, I've replied to private message.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @b_bez, thanks and I can see your message is now in the queue. We'll be in touch as soon as you reach the top of the queue and clear this up for you.

cheers

John