Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: BT sending debt collectors - I've never even been a BT customer!

BT Directories (a subsidiary of BT) is harassing me through the rude, agressive call-centre lowlifes at Commercial Credit Services too. When I asked what it was about, they sent me a sheaf of invoices. The total amount is £745.20. This is fraud. How could a once-proud British institution have come to this? Stooping so low as to go around demanding money from people with menaces when there's no contract to back up their invoices? The Board of Directors should be ashamed of themselves, if they could pull themselves away from the golf course for 5 minutes to take a look at what's being done in their company's name.

Hi jsilver,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in full details of your complaint and I will be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)

Hello,

I am having the same problem with debt collectors demanding money for an account I've never had with BT. The collection agency, BPO are sending me email's demanding money.

I called BT last week & was advised that they thought the requests bogus because they couldn't find any account against my postcode. I also had an email claiming to be from BT which they also thought bogus - an old customer service manager was noted at the foot of the email, alongside no account number / contact details & the logo also seemed incorrect to them. It also stated that, I had received notice by post, which I hadn't.

I've forwarded the correspondence to abuse@bt.com, however have not had a reply - how long does it take for them to reply?

I have told the collection agency that BT thought these charges were incorrect but they are continuing to make demands.

Apparently I owe almost £300.

Many thanks,

Lisa

Distinguished Sage

lisadomino wrote:

Hello,

I am having the same problem with debt collectors demanding money for an account I've never had with BT. The collection agency, BPO are sending me email's demanding money.

I called BT last week & was advised that they thought the requests bogus because they couldn't find any account against my postcode. I also had an email claiming to be from BT which they also thought bogus - an old customer service manager was noted at the foot of the email, alongside no account number / contact details & the logo also seemed incorrect to them. It also stated that, I had received notice by post, which I hadn't.

I've forwarded the correspondence to abuse@bt.com, however have not had a reply - how long does it take for them to reply?

I have told the collection agency that BT thought these charges were incorrect but they are continuing to make demands.

Apparently I owe almost £300.

Many thanks,

Lisa

If you are certain you don't owe any money to BT, just ignore them. They can not do anything or have your credit rating affected without going through the courts. If they do that you are required to be notified of court proceedings and they would need to prove the debt.

Most reputable debt collection companies would also not contact you by email. You could be anywhere in the world! They need to have an address for any legal correspondence to be served on you.