cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Re: Being ignore

They have purposely made it impossible to cancel, sky automatically froze payments !

i have stopped my direct debit with Bt and already had a crappy mail about it !

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Mark121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Being ignore

Funny how no Bt agents are responding to the messages I have sent them !!!

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Hi @Mark121,

If by BT Agents you mean the MOD's then unless they have asked you to send them a private message then they won't reply.  If it's something that they can help you with they will normally post on the thread that they are going to send you a message. 

Sadly there doesn't seem to be a quick way to get speaking to BT these days due to COVID-19 maybe twitter might be your best bet.

SP

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

If you are refering to the Moderators on the forum, nothing has changed as regards the response to any message you have sent them. 

See link about contacting the moderators in "normal" times

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/931648

and this link at this time.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Contacting-the-mods/td-p/2023638

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

@Mark121 wrote:

They have purposely made it impossible to cancel, sky automatically froze payments !

That is because stopping your Direct Debt only stops your payment not your BT package. As result when your payment is due it would not be paid and you would be seen as in default of payment and all that that incurrs.

The only way you can cancel is to contact BT by phone and tell them you want to cancel your package.

In case you have not seen this which may be of help

https://www.bt.com/sport-support-options/?s_cid=con_FURL_sport_support

and BT are no longer suspending or barring a customers account for non-payment until the end of June.

0 Ratings
Mark121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

I am aware of what happens when I cancel my direct debit.

as I said before I have tried to contact them and waited over an hour to get no pick up, and they removed the option to cancel from their website, i.e making it impossible to cancel !

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@Mark121wrote:

Was this a letter through the post or an email - if the latter, was it from an email address that "allows" you to respond directly or, one of my pet hates, a "No Reply" email? 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

@Mark121 wrote:

I am aware of what happens when I cancel my direct debit.

as I said before I have tried to contact them and waited over an hour to get no pick up, and they removed the option to cancel from their website, i.e making it impossible to cancel !

It is not impossible, it is just taking a very long time to get through. There never was an option to cancel online you always had to phone to cancel. Your choice what you do but don't be surprised if you get pursued for non payment. 

0 Ratings
Mark121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

You got in no reply mail, I was hoping they would contact after I cancelled the direct debit but they are still making contact impossible, they know exactly what they are doing !

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 15

If you're not prepared to wait while everyone is stretched at this time, how is that making contact impossible? People are there you just need to wait

0 Ratings