Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: Broadband Activation Order Not Progressed

Go to solution

I have a similar problem to kieranr. I recenly ordered Infinity Option 2 upgrade from my existing BT ADSL service. Infinity has been a long time coming to our village so as soon as it was avaliable I placed the order.

Activation was set for the 21st Jan. That day came and went, no activation. The order tracking updated with the apology 'the order had not progressed' message. A new date of the 26th was later shown....the 26th came and went still no activation.

So no actiavtion and no idea why or when to expect it.

If indeed a specilaist team is looking into the problem you would have thought someone would have had the common courtesy to make an effort to keep the customer informed! Right?

Since the order tracking system appears to be a rather unhelpful automated affair I'm hoping that a human moderator will be able assist with trying to find out what is going on. Any takers?

Thanks inanticipation.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

Only people who can help here are forum mods. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @mitreklov

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your order.  You can send us over your deatils and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response Robbie. I've sent the info as requested, I'll post back here as and when there is some progress.

0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Saturday Feb 6th, still not Infinity activation. Just checked the order tracking which now states that the order is cancelled!!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Robbie, please call me again with an update.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@mitreklov We'll get this looked into for you and we'll be in touch later this afternoon to let you know what's happening.

Danny

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

As arranged 2 weeks ago I'll be waiting at home tomorrow morning full of anticipation for the engineer to install and activate the long awaited Infinity2 service.

Maybe this time!!

We can but hope.

0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Just checked my BT bill.

Not only have BT been unable to activate my Infinity 2 service that was ordered on the 11th of January, I've been charged for it too. Utterly unbelievable, I've been charged from the date the service should have been activated.

I better stop writing now before I write something rude or insulting.......so freaking angry.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

23rd February 08:50hrs

This is the day a BT engineer is due to call between 08:00 - 13:00 to activate/test my Infinity 2, a service I appear to be paying for but to date is a month overdue!

I've taken the time off work to be here, however if BT's inability to deliver this order so far is anything to go by, I may be wasting my time.

I'll post here to vent my frustration throughout the morning.

Here's hoping, fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

OK so 09:10 the engineer arrives. He had just completed the cabinet work and proceeded to replace the master socket.

Line test revealed a 18meg d/l speed, not exactly Infinity 2 and well outside the minimum figure quoted. HH5 connected and confirmed a connection speed of 18meg.

One step closer but can't hlep but think the next battle will be over speed.

Can't set this as resolved as yet, sorry.

0 Ratings