cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottb1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: COMPLAINTS!

BT are hopeless. Twice Ive taken time off work to have Broadband installed and Twice i've been told that the engineer won't turn up - but only after I've called them to find out why he's late!. On the last occassion I was told at 12.30 that he'd be with me before 1pm and that the person I was talking to had checked with the engineer.

What a shambles. I guess it's easier to lie than to check. What a bunch of wasters - the sooner this archaic company disappears the better. Everyone I have spoken with is very pleasant but fails to deliver.

Whatever you do - DON'T SIGN UP TO BT BROADBAND.

Stay with Sky or anyone else. These idiots couoldn't organise p***-up in a brewery.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

@Scottb1 BT Broadband is self-install, there is no visit by Openreach, who by the way, also deal with the other provider you mentioned.

0 Ratings
Scottb1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Then why do they insist I'm in? They haven't completed the Fibre connection (they haven't started the Fibre connection) but can't be bothered to tell me the engineer isn't turning up.
If brains were chocolate - they wouldn't have enough to fill a smartie!! Jokers.
Stay away from BT
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Scottb1,

Welcome to the community forum. I've moved you post onto your own thread. I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your service being activated. When you say "They haven't completed the Fibre connection", is your order for FTTP (Fibre to the premises)?

If so, you can call the FTTP dedicated team on 0800 587 4787 and they'll be able to look into the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Scottb1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I ordered BT Fast Fibre Broadband because BT are the only suppliers in my area. 

I was given an order date and told the outside works to connect the fibre to my house would be done before Xmas. I was then told I neeeded to be at home when the engineer called to set up the broadband, An appointment was made, my son took a day off work and the engineer didn't show up. It turns out the outside work hadn't been done but no one bothered to tell me. So we wasted a day's annual leave and stayed in the house for nothing!

When I phoned to find out what had gone wrong, I was told the appointment had been cancelled weeks before but no one thought I needed to be informed. I was promied a call back the following day to rebook the appointment. 

No one called me and I had to chase BT again. 

A new appointment was booked and the same thing happened again - only this time I was told several times by phone, text and email that the enngineer would be attending. On Friday I received a call confirming the engineer would be attending and that the outside works had been completed.

My wife took a day off work and waited in for an appointed from 8.30 - 1pm. At 12.30 she called BT and was told the engineer was on his way, they had checked his schedule and he was defiinatley coming and she should be patient. When he didn't show up, she called BT again and, after a 45 minute wait, she was told that the outside hadn't been done and the appointment had been cancelled.

I called to make a complaint and was told that my complaint from 19 December was till open but no one had done anything with it because my broadband hadn't been installed so I wasn't an active customer. So I can't even make a complaint! And then I'm told that there isn't a Complaints Department - is this true or just another lie?

In all honesty this has to rank amongst the most messed up, shambolic and totally pathetic customer experience ever! We've wasted 2 days and numerous hours on the phone to BT and I still have a **bleep** broadband connection. My personal mission now is to warn everyone that they should avoid BT at all costs - it isn't worth the time, effort and distress.

I wish I had stayed with SKY and I'll be contacting them to see if I can get my old deal with them. Why bother advetising services that you can't deliver - it's fraud, you're making false promises.

Thank God that BT don't run the NHS or we'd all be dead!

Were BT steering the Titanic?

Did BT invent bubonic plague?

Does BT Broadband actually exist or is it just a myth?

If BT was a horse, the humane thing to do would be to put it out of it's misery.

BT - Bloody Terrible. 

0 Ratings