Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mboxs
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

Hi everyone,

REALLY PULLING MY HAIR OUT ON THIS PROBLEM.

I have just moved to a newly built flat and no Internet company can put an order through OpenREach because they can never find the address. Other tenants that moved to newly built flats in the building were processed by an Internet Service provider that used BTOpenreach, but no provder can do mine?!! 

Can I have a mod to help me on this, please?

Thank you,

Shammi

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

@mboxsI have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Are you wishing to place an order with BT Retail or a different Service Provider?

0 Ratings
mboxs
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Another provider please, e.g. TalkTalk, Sky.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@mboxs wrote:

Another provider please, e.g. TalkTalk, Sky.

Thank you.

@mboxs

Then nobody on this BT Retail forum can help, as Openreach will only deal with the Service Provider that has placed an order. Its up to that Service Provider to contact Openreach to get the address corrected.

Chose your Service Provider first, then leave it to them to contact Openreach, if they want your custome.

Sorry.

0 Ratings
mboxs
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

If so, then we will go with BT Retails.

Please can you ask a moderator to help. Your prompt resoponse is Very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

@mboxs wrote:

If so, then we will go with BT Retails.

Please can you ask a moderator to help. Your prompt resoponse is Very much appreciated.

@mboxs

First can you please check that your postal address is correct on the Royal Mail PAF database.

http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

Do not post your address here, just confirm whether it is correct.

0 Ratings
mboxs
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

No, it does not exist,

But neither did the other 2 newly built flats, at the same address, and those tenants managed to get phone and broadband services from BTOpenreach. They happened to use Sky as a provider.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@mboxs

If its not on the postcode database, how does your mail get delivered?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi @mboxs,

Thanks for posting. If you can't find your address on the royal mail site you'll need to contact them using the Report an incorrect or missing address link. Once that's done we'll be able to get Openreach to update their records.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mboxs
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Thank you Keith and DavidM, for intervening with your input. Sorry DavdiM, But I did not have the option to reply to your comment on the forum, hence replying to Keith. But I still welcome both of your inputs

I state again, the address of 3 newly built flats at the building address DO NOT exist on the Royal Mail Database; the service provider taking the order could not find the address on their system. Two of newly built flats these have been able to get Broadband by saying the flats were newly built. Mine is the problem, where they cannot do anything, but refer me to BTOpenreach.

I was also communicating with BTOpenreach in parallel about the same problem, and they have advised differently to you both.

BTOPenreach say, when placing the order with BT Retail, (or for that matter, any provider that uses BTOpenreach), and the address cannot be found, ask BTRetail to use the "Bronze Matching process" if the address cannot be located to place the order, see below an extract from the email from BTOPenreach in response to my online enquiry. 

"If your Service Provider tells you they're unable to place an order (usually because they can't match the address), then you need to ask them if they can use the ‘Bronze Address Matching process' to place an order. An address has to be ‘Gold Matched' before an order can be placed by a Service Provider using the standard process. If an address is only at ‘Silver Matched' stage, this means that it doesn't have a surveyed network routing on our systems and that infrastructure is still ongoing to provide network capacity to the development site. The Bronze Address Matching Process allows an order to be forced through to Openreach for an address that can't be located. It is up to Service Providers if they choose to use the ‘Bronze' process or not, if their systems allow and forcing an order through doesn't particularly speed up the provision of a live connection as infrastructure work has to be completed first, but it does mean that your order would be picked up earlier for an installation appointment once all work to service the site is complete.

So, you can either ask your Service Provider if they can use the ‘Bronze Address Matching Process' or ask them to let you know when they are able to use the standard process."

0 Ratings