cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rp1
Message 1 of 3

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

Go to solution

I've had an absolute nightmare. Same issue with BT. They incorrectly registered my line/address when I opened an account when I got the broadband/telewphone line installed more than a year ago. After months of billing issues decided to cancel my contract with BT broadband at the end of contract, only to find that it was impossible without my address matching the line. So I was effectively forced into continuing beyond my initial 12m contract. Opted to start a new contract with BT (only to save myself from interacting with BT on the issue) but cancelled within 14 days after still persistent billing issues. Some 2 months later (!) BT finally fix the registration issue and I elect to switch provider. Now BT send me a letter asking for £354 for cancelling the contract. Astonishing!! Please can someone from customer services get back to me...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

@rp1 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I hope you don't mind I've started your own thread in the billing section. I'm sorry about the problems you've had with your address info and the subsequent cancellation charges on your final bill.

We'll be happy to look into this for you if you send over your details, you'll find the 'click here to contact the mods' link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

Hi @rp1 Thanks for taking my call earlier. Just to confirm the contract has now been removed from your account and you will not have any cancellation charges on your final bill.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings