cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Data usage discrepancy? Fake BT usage figures

No devices conected but large amount of data used. I recived an email saying I had used 28GB of data in 10 days., my normal useage is less than 5GB per month. What makes it more strange is that there was a fault for at least 5 days so had no internet. 

But even stranger I have had no devices conected as have not used the house for the folowing four days even TV box off ( I did enter with my Iphone in my pocket twice. I am told I used 8GB one day and 10 GB another! On getting the email I went to the house and conected to the internet to find BT numer to call (phone line was not working dont know if related). Just getting that number made my usage for that day 5GB.

BT will be calling me on Monday (called them Friday morning) but would not agre that I wouldnot have to pay if I went over limit. Neither would they agree to cut my service off if I went over my 40GB useage. So I turned all the boxes off as I dont want to run up a big bill.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

No devices connected but large amount of data used.

I recived an email saying I had used 28GB of data in 12 days., my normal useage is less than 5GB per month. What makes it more strange is that there was a fault for at least 5 days so had no internet. 

But even stranger I have had no devices conected as have not used the house for the folowing four days even TV box off ( I did enter with my Iphone in my pocket twice. I am told I used 8GB one day and 10 GB another! On getting the email I went to the house and conected to the internet to find BT numer to call (phone line was not working dont know if related). Just getting that number made my usage for that day 5GB.

BT will be calling me on Monday (called them Friday morning) but would not agre that I wouldnot have to pay if I went over limit. Neither would they agree to cut my service off if I went over my 40GB useage. So I turned all the boxes off as I dont want to run up a big bill.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Data usage discrepancy? Fake BT usage figures

Hi richardcumbers,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry for the confusion from receiving those emails.  I'll be happy to look into this for you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings