cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drflood1
Message 1 of 4

Re: False default on credit report

BT have ignored queries rasied by Equifax about fraudelent credit defaults and refuse to respond within the agreed timeframe of 21 days.

I have been wiating for a response for nearly 6 weeks, Equifax have riased multiple queries with BT which have all been ignored.

This in addition to having a fully paid up account with BT, the issue only arising from a fraudlent opening of account without my knowledge.

I have gone through absolute hell. BT refuse to provide any explaination for their behaviour and refuses to provide a deadlock letter so I can progress to onbudsman.

This is an absolute disgrace!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
drflood1
Message 2 of 4

Re: Default on credit file

BT don't respond to Equifax queries within the alloted time frame of 21 days - you are wasting your time.

I have open query raised with Equifax with BT for over 6 weeks, no one has done anything, no one is prepared to respond to the query.

It an absolute disgrace!!!

0 Ratings
drflood1
Message 3 of 4

Default marker on my Credit File - query raised with Equifax 6 weeks ago and still no response.

I have a default marker on my credit report for my home account that dates from 2014. This default marker was applied 18 months after I left BT. I'm trying to move home and this has already cost my £3000 in fees due to BT refusing to respond to the equifax query.

The old BT account was closed in 2013 and fully paid up, with DD taken past the end date of the contract with even a credit provided to me for final payment. 

BT seems to have a habit of raising these types of queries and refuses to provide any explaination for them from online queries.

I raised Equifax reports desputing this marker in March 2017 and again in April 2017, to date I have had no response from BT on my credit report and no reponse for the last 6 weeks. I am now just about to loose the sale of my home.

I have complained multiple times. No one is prepared to acknowldeg my complaints.

An absolute disgrace! Given I returned to BT last year, no mention of the issues was every riased, and have always been and conitinue to be a fully paid up customer of BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: False default on credit report

@drflood1 I'm really sorry about the delay in getting this matter sorted out. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings