cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason9102
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Faulty Home Hub 2.0 - Indian Call Centre will not replace

Hi I've spent the last month trying to get my faulty hub replaced by BT. I've spent many times going through the online chat going through all the line checks etc to be told by them my hub is faulty. Then been told that I would have to buy a new one as it's out of warranty at a cost of £59.99. 

After complaining that that the hub is not fit for purpose get told I will get one sent out to me should have it within 4 days . 4 days later no hub so have to go through it all again to be told even thought I told them at the start my hub is faulty. Get put through to sales team told that a new hub would be sent out free.  Thought at last good new BT doing the right thing replacing it.

not so good got my bill yesterday and **bleep** hell ive been charged for it , so back I go onto the online chat trying to get the problem solved 20 mins later I ask for a call about this matter as just going round in circles, get to talk to someone with broken English to put my point across, to be finally put across to the sales team .

Had to explain all my problems again to be told to hold while he checks my notes on my account. When he finally comes back he tells me that I will not get charged for the hub and will only pay my normal monthly bill this month But it's still showing my bill with the cost of the hub on top. So I guess I will have to go through this all again when my bill is paid in 4 days time.

i feel that because I'm a excisting BT customer the service you get is poor , you report faults that go on for days you get promised you wont be billed for these days and for replacement parts due to it being faulty and it never happens.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

If you are still in contract with BT Broadband, then the hub would normally be replaced for free.

If you are out of contract, then if you call BT UK customer options on 0800 800 030, they should be able to send a replacement home hub (it would be a home hub 4).

Try them first. If you still get problems, then post back here.

0 Ratings
Jason9102
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi I've got a replacement but they are charging me for it when it should be free. Been told it will be taken off my bill, but have no confidence in Bt anymore as have been told different things by different people on the chat line and still had to chase this problem up.

spoke to sales team last night and told that it will come off my bill I said this months and he said yes ,but when you go online to check your bill it's still their, he also said it would be confirmed in email . Yet to arrive 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Jason9102
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Ok thank you for your help I will wait for moderator to get in touch .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Jason9102,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings