cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justamum
Message 1 of 4

Re: Formal Complaints - Ombudsman Services

I am in a very similar and extremely frustrating situation with BT.
I had a business account and a residential account with BT and when I moved my business back to my home, the order team advised me that they would take over my residential account with the business account, so that I wouldn't have to incur any charges and that it would be a simple process!!!
A lady called Claire Johnson in the sales team was the person who advised me to follow this process and she is also the person who messed the whole thing up...basically she released my business number to someone else and then placed charges on my business account of £618.92, for my early termination!! She also terminated my residential account and I was then charged a further early termination charge of £269.18!! It is the most frustrating situation and none of it is my own doing!!!! I am treated like a 'nobody' each time I call BT, (which is pretty much twice a week at the moment), some days I have actually cried through frustration at having to explain myself over and over again to the many departments that I have had to speak to...this has gone on since October and it is still not resolved! I want this to end!!!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Justamum

If it is a business account that you have and you were dealing with the BT Business people you will need to post on the BT Business forum.

This is a BT Residential forum and can not deal with BT Business accounts.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Justamum and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had such a terrible experience with BT. To be honest there isn't a lot we can advise on as this is the residential forum but reading through your post it looks like your residential account was cancelled during the takover process which would have resulted in held to term charges on any outstanding contracts and equipment.

You'll need to speak with the business team on 152 (I know you're in contact with them already)but when the new business line is connected I would think the held to term charges on the line which was ceased in error shoud be removed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Justamum
Message 4 of 4

Hi David
Unfortunately the residential no longer works and they can't give me my business number back (which is printed all over my business cards and literature), so I am now left being charged for accounts that aren't active and are both ceased/terminated by BT!!!
0 Ratings