cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valkyrie1968
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: Formal Complaints - Ombudsman Services

BT possibly the worst company I've had to deal with , my home hub 5 packed up and as I was 3 weeks out of contract meant they wanted £50 to replace it , I pay £70 a month for their services and thought to keep me they would just replace it foc, but no , so I left and went to sky ( CustmrSrv knocks the spots of BT ) , however my phone line is externally knackered apparently so still can't get broadband, useless BT have twice not turned up to investigate and all I get from my Indian lady friend is that it's fixed , cancelled my direct debit now let them chase me for some answers
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

@Valkyrie1968 wrote:
so I left and went to sky

however my phone line is externally knackered apparently so still can't get broadband, useless BT have twice not turned up to investigate

@Valkyrie1968

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media.

Openreach do not talk to end users, only Service Providers.

As you are now with Sky, you need to chase them up to get your line fixed.

If you had visited this forum when you had issues with your home hub, it could easily have been sorted.

Nobody on this BT Retail forum can help you now.

0 Ratings
Valkyrie1968
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I'm actually still in a contract with BT and I am aware that you can't talk to open reach but seeing as BT is my first port of call they are responsible for sorting the problem , but they have failed to do this twice
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I presume you mean you are still in contract with BT for telephony, in which case that is all they are obliged to deliver. If you have broadband problems you need to take it up with SKY.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Valkyrie1968 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see that you decided to move your service to another provider, has your line and broadband been transferred away from BT already?

We are only able to assist with your broadband connection if it's still being provided by BT but if Sky have taken over the service you would need to contact them directly for assistance but if your broadband is still provided by BT please post your router stats and we'll be happy to help. 

0 Ratings
Valkyrie1968
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi my contract with sky doesn't start till the end of the month so I am still paying bt for broadband , I have no stats for the router as it won't switch on I have plugged in an old zylex router that's says there is no dsl connection, bt have twice now said an engineer will visit my house to check but twice they haven't turned up and all I get from the call centre is fobbed off so I consider it BT's problem at the moment not sky
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Valkyrie1968 I'm sorry that your broadband is not working.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings