cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Elizabeth2
Message 1 of 2

Re: Home move upgrade to Broadband disaster

Wow thats fast internet,a very good bt engineer came to us and has increased our speed from 0.200 to 1,he has tweeked the lines,but sadly had to leave as he ran out of time and our hub would not connect.was stuck in a loop,switching off for random periods.the engineer said he never touched the hub yet it switched off,he checked newly fixed line and our cables, put a new box on the wall,all was working except the hub.it switched on 12hrs later.now it still switches off or cannot connect for short(5min) to extended(36hrs) periods of time,but I am told by bt(7 phone calls) there is nothing wrong with the box I cannot work out how the engineer was wrong,he saw the box,he told me it was broken, he told me it was very very old.another bt person told me the box should be replaced every year,our poor old box is the original. Has anyone out there got any help for me,my children are doing gcse and a levels and cannot access the things need online for the improvement of their education,help please someone how can we access internet with no working hub,I cannot even pay bills as we live 4miles from largest town with a bus route, we really need internet,tesco delivery for my shopping needs the internet,any suggestions would be helpfull

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Home move upgrade to Broadband disaster

you need to phone customer services and get another engineer visit - hopefully a better engineer than previous one

does your phone work ok?

have you tried using the test socket with a new filter   if engineer replaced socket with SSFP then test socket shown by black arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

if you use test socket check that there is no dial tone at any extension socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings