cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarnade160
Message 1 of 4

Re: How to stop BT junk mail (postal) after GDPR?

About 3 years ago I had a house built and needed BT to install a phone line. Because my address didn't exist I used my neighbours address so the engineers could find me to complete the work. Unfortunately BT have decided that is where I live (in addition to my new address) and have continued to send junk mail there and I've had new Routers sent there too. I think I have now managed to get the account address changed but still my neighbour gets BT junk mail with our name on & her address (obviously in contravention of GDPR!) She has early onset dementia and gets quite upset eveytime she brings BT junk mail round. I have spoken to customer services on countless occasions and been assured that the address has been removed from the junk mail distribution list.....but still it continues and I am getting concerned on the issue it is having on my elderly neighbours health. Please, please can this be sorted? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Sarnade160
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks, I'll await a response from them.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Sarnade160 sorry that your neighbour is still receiving junk mail addressed to you and that it has not been resolved when you previously contacted. 

We will be happy to help get this mail stopped if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

PS please include the incorrect address details that are showing on these mailers so we can ensure the address is correctly removed from the mailing list. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings