cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcarlaw
Message 1 of 5

Re: I am at my wits end!!

Hello there,

I realise it has been some time since you posted this message, but I hope you can help me. I have been a customer with BT for 3 years, having signed upto them as a home phone provider, with Infinity Broadband and BT TV (YouView). In November I was informed via email BT that they were 'sorry to see me go, and that someone would collect all of the equipment' from my property. 

I immediately called BT and said it must be a mistake, as I had never intended to leave, or missed any payments. They admitted it was an error their end, as they had been informed that somebody wanted to 'take over the line'. I was then told by BT that my line & account were shutting down, and there is nothing they could do.

Then they said a new phoneline would be set up 'quickly' and my service would resume under a new account number etc. Well, that was now nearly 6 weeks ago.

I've had no phoneline, broadband etc for a month and a half, & have spent over 5 hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue.

To say I'm appalled by BT's service is an understatement. I have decided that I will leave BT, and cancel direct debit etc. Also I want to sue the company for the time & money spent during this debacle, & not to mention the stress caused.

If you could advise me how to pursue this that would be grestly appreciated

Kind regards

Mark

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you want legal advice go to a lawyer. If you just want advice about how to sue BT go to a Citizens Advice Centre. They should be able to advise you about "Small Claims Court".

0 Ratings
Neil1
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

A lot of information on the small claims process here

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-rights/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/

It it is worth noting that you should try and settle things before you have your day in court

Eta There is a link at the bottom of the page which takes you elsewhere for more detail. And, mentions the fees payable

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Mark,

I am sorry to hear that you have been left without service. I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings