Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sonny_1980
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Re: Infinity 1 Home Hub 5 Orange Light - New Customer

I'm having a similar issue.

The line and the infinity broadband was supposed to be activated last friday. Delayed to monday, the work on the line was carried out and completed that day but the broadband activation delayed to wednesday. It was not activated on wednesday but yesterday during the day. But at night, still not working. And this morning, still not working.

The power hub light is steady orange and the little light below is flashing red.

I've tried the same steps and no luck...

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

does your phone have dial tone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sonny_1980
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Don't know because I don't have a phone to check.

When I called to support, the first person I spoke to carried a test and said the line was fine. Passed me to broadband team and they said there was a problem with the line...

Phone fault edited by mod

Broadband fault edited by mod

I hope I don't have to buy a phone just to clarify if the line works or not...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

you don't have to buy a phone but it may help you should you have line/connection problems in future  you can get a cheap corded phone for about £5 from argos

using the phone can determine if you have noise on your line with is detrimental to your broadband connection and help decide whether you have a broadband fault or a phone fault  at present you don't know if your broadband is not working as there is a broadband fault/not activated or whether you phone line has no dial tone

your package probably included free call at the weekend

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sonny_1980
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

OK, so I bought a phone and there is no line tone at all.

Spoke to some guy (in India I guess??) and he says that if the engineer finds a problem inside the flat I'll be charged over 100 pounds?? I was unable to understand the exact amount.

I opened the master socket and it has 6 thin cables but only 3 are connected to the master socket front plate. Is this normal?

I just want to be sure that the problem is not inside the flat because I'm not willing to pay a stupid amount of money to fix something I'm not responsible for (I just moved to this flat...)

PLEASE, anyone can help me on this?? I'm really fed up with the poor service I'm getting. After all the delays on the dates of the start of the service, now I have to deal with this...

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

The front plate is only for extensions, the main connection is hidden behind the test socket, but you are not allowed to touch that.

Are there any other connection blocks before the master socket, that someone may have disconnected?

What about any other sockets, have you tried them to see if you have dial tone?

The BT line test can show a fault in your house, even if its in the street cabinet.

If your line comes from a pole, then there may be a disconnection there, or in the dropwire. This will be sorted when Openreach visit.

If you have checked everything, then you will just have to arrange a visit.

0 Ratings
Sonny_1980
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Don't know if there are any other connections that might have been disconnected.

The only thing I know is the landlord cancelled the service with BT over a year ago. I'm assuming they would just disconnect the line at the cabinet?

Just found another socket in the master bedroom but same thing, no dial tone.

The Openreach visit you mention, I'm assuming is the engineer visit I had on Monday to activate the line? In theory was done but they didn't come into the flat...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

vdslfaceplatefront2.JPGif you have no dial tone then the Openreach engineer visit should be no charge have you checked for a dial tone at the test socket

0 Ratings
Sonny_1980
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Yes, no dial tone on that socket either... Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

So problem is outside your home and should not be chargd

0 Ratings