Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WayneT2
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Internet light flashing purple/green

Go to solution

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help me, my broadband is due to be activated today but my smart hub has been flashing purple for 8 hours. I have got in contact with bt and one lady said my activation won't happen until 5/4/17 . So I got in contact to say this isn't acceptable as my date of activation is today then another lady said it will activate by midnight tonight. My phone line is up and running but still my broadband hasn't activated. I'm not sure what to belive when I talk to bt customer support. Every thing is set up right regarding wires and stuff.   Thank you WayneT2

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to a new thread, so you can get help from the community.

How long ago was your phone line activated?

A broadband provision task cannot be issued until the phone provision task is closed.

I assume you have ordered standard broadband, and not BT Infinity,

For standard broadband, it can be up to midnight on the day of activation. With BT Infinity, there can be many reasons for a delay.

0 Ratings
WayneT2
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Thank you for getting in touch, my phone line was activated about 2 hours ago and yes I've got broadband unlimited infinity. Wayne T2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@WayneT2 wrote:

Hi Thank you for getting in touch, my phone line was activated about 2 hours ago and yes I've got broadband unlimited infinity. Wayne T2

Then it depends on whether an Openreach Field tecnician picks up the broadband task to do the work at the cabinet.

If it was two hours ago, you may be lucky if the task is picked up before the end of this working day.

You will lose dial tone while the work is being done.

If you have been given a later date, then there may be an issue with the fibre cabinet, possibly lack of spare capacity.

0 Ratings
WayneT2
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

OK thank you that makes sense maybe that's why the bt customer support lady said to me my broadband will be activated on 5/4/17. Thanks for your help WayneT2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@WayneT2 wrote:

OK thank you that makes sense maybe that's why the bt customer support lady said to me my broadband will be activated on 5/4/17. Thanks for your help WayneT2

I think you will have to wait and see.

If you enter your phone number into this form, it should show the VDSL status for your cabinet, and whether you are on a waiting list.

Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
WayneT2
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for that it just there was an open order on this line and is due to be completed today WayneT2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@WayneT2 wrote:

Thank you for that it just there was an open order on this line and is due to be completed today WayneT2

Then there is a good chance it will be done, depending on the Openrech work queue.

0 Ratings