Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smedlyn
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Moved house - broadband connection issue

Am hopeful that a Mod reads this, then.

Have also just moved house to a new development - all cabling done and ready to terminate. Contractors have told me that Openreach have been up a couple of times to do whatever it is they do (presumably exchange and local cable testing) and spoken to contractors.

Paid for an engineer visit (08/07/16  8am-1pm). No show. Rang to complain - told they'd rescheduled the appointment to 1pm-6pm - gee, thanks. Promised that they'd turn up. Still no show, or explanation, or update on website.

Rang again today (11/07/16) to be told that engineer cancelled because Openreach don't know if cabling has been completed by contractor, and will visit site on 15/07 to confirm and then get engineer visit rescheduled!

Now having to ask contractor to contact Openreach to confirm cabling is all completed - I can see it is as I walk out the door every day! Total farce.

Until BT/Openreach are compelled to compete with other providers for this type of work I can see no end to these situations. No compulsion for them to sharpen up.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

hi. although you can see completed cabling near to your premises there could be additional infrastructure required back towards the PCP.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
smedlyn
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

That's as maybe, but it doesn't stop BT from blindly arranging an appointment for an engineer to visit, only to discover that they are unable to honour this because another part of the same business group either haven't completed their part of the work, or passed on the status of the work to them.

Meanwhile, I am without landline or broadband, for which I am paying advance line charges. The £10 compensation offer is virtually worthless, and in no way compensates me for lost earnings or the inconvenience. There are 2 other properties 20 yards away who have functional connections, so goodness knows why adding a third one is such a huge task for BT and OpenReach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

the task is nothing to do with BT Retail or any other provider it is purely in Openreach's hands and all providers get the same information as it is made available to them
0 Ratings
smedlyn
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

And as I have seen many times before on other BT fora, the line "this has nothing to do with BT" is trundled out as if this is a perfectly acceptable response to a customer complaint.

My house phone and ADSL line remain unconnected, despite having paid for this service 3 weeks ago, and whilst continuing to pay advance line rental for a line that doesn't function.

Best business model I can think of - take money for something and then don't provide it - isn't that usually given a different name?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Post edited by poster

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@smedlyn I'm sorry about the delay getting your line connected, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll chase this up with Openreach to find out whats happening. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings