cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Moving to a new home on OFNL (Open Fibre Networks Limited)

Go to solution

The Open Fibre Network FAQs say: "BT PLC have signed our agreement and have elected to only provide commercial services at this time, so they currently cannot provide residential services across the OFNL network infrastructure." -https://www.ofnl.co.uk/resident-faqs/ 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Go to solution

@RevGareth 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

In that case, a copper based service (FTTC or ADSL) should be available over the Openreach network.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I don't believe so Keith. It's a brand new estate - still being built - and there are no copper-wire phone connections anywhere. I'm happy with OFNL but need BT to recognise that as they have chosen not to supply a residential service I can't be made to pay for the remaining months of my contract with them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the link but I can't use it. I don't have a phone line there and don't yet know when we are moving in. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You use the address checker once you have a postcode and house number.

Wait until you are in a position to move in, then use BTs Home Move Service, and they will then confirm whether you can get service from BT Retail. If not, then they should be able to arrange for you to be released from your contact, as they will have the evidence.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

have you begun the house move with BT?  if BT cannot provide any service to your new home then you should be able to leave BT without cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you. That's my understanding too. I simply wanted to get clarity before initiating my house move. It seems I have to wait. Ah well.

0 Ratings