Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wee_corlett
Message 1 of 4

Re: New build Fibre FTTP Connection

Hi Everyone, 

I was hoping you could help me. 

Our Open Reach Fibre Modem was fitted in our new build property on the 7th December. When we moved in on the 8th December the Power light was a solid green and the PON light was flashing green. 

We were told it would be 24-48 hours before it turned to solid green and we could place an order with BT. 

It has now been three weeks and the PON light is still flashing green, which means I still cannot place an order with BT. I have tried to speak to Open Reach, however they advise me that I need to speak to BT. When I have spoken to BT I just keep getting told to wait, first a few days, then five working days, and now that it has been three weeks I have been told I just have to wait longer - that the 'Offline Team' will contact me with an update. Even more frustrating that I have been promised a call from them once before, only to hear nothing. So who knows if and when I will hear from them.

This is extremely frustrating as I do not know what the issue is and secondly, I do not know when it will be resolved. In the meantime I am stuck - this affects me greatly as I frequently work from home. I feel so helpless and am really annoyed that the blame keeps getting passed back and forth between BT and Open Reach, with my issue no closer to being resolved. 

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Have you spoken to the special FTTP team on 0800 587 4787?

0 Ratings
wee_corlett
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith, 

Thank you for doing that - it is much appreciated. 

I have spoken to the FTTP team already, they raised a query with Open Reach a few days after we moved in, but still no response from Open Reach. 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@wee_corlett wrote:

Hi Keith, 

Thank you for doing that - it is much appreciated. 

I have spoken to the FTTP team already, they raised a query with Open Reach a few days after we moved in, but still no response from Open Reach. 

Thanks.

Unfortunately Its not possible for the BT Community members or moderators to help with these installations.

All you can do is to keep chasing them.

Delays seem very common, and can be due to the records linking the ONT serial numbers against the plot/house numbers being wrong.

This was mentioned by another forum member, who is involved with these installations.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-nightmare/m-p/1805925#M257951

0 Ratings