cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MR1
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nightmare with the activation of the internet

I have had a similar nightmare and would appreciate some assistance please, as I am at my wits' end with how to resolve this, I need an internet connection for work, and I have complained to the communications ombudsman.  

This is what has happened so far:

For four weeks now I have been trying to get an internet connection to a new build property.  The lines and boxes are already in place and working.  Fibre to the premises was installed by Openreach and therefore I am obliged to use BT.  The neighbours in my terrace use BT (i.e. same postcode), as does the rest of the development.  However, when I check online with BT, it says for my particular house number (but not the adjacent numbers) that there is no service provision.  

After three attempts to place an order over the phone only to be told that BT could not supply me with a service, or that a new line needed to be installed at a cost of £165 when one is already in place, I was able to place an order online (no. BTCOM********) on 25 August for:
Unlimited BT infinity 1 plus weekend calls - £10 per month for 12 months plus £17.99 line rental
£125 Sainsbury's voucher
BT mobile 2GB nano sim, £10/month

After placing the order I noted that the SIM had gone through at a price of £12 instead of £10. I called to query this and was told that the order had been referred to the order management team, but that the charge for the SIM would be corrected to £10, and that order management would be in contact with me within 48 hours.

The order management team did not contact me as promised. I missed a call (as I was at work) from 0800 3289393 who left a message to say they would call again on 7 September.  I phoned the team, who said there was no existing order and referred me back to the sales team, who again said there was no order. They said they could place a new order, but that I could not get the deal I placed the order on last week, with the monthly charge being double what it was last week, no deal on the SIM card, and less than half the value on the Sainsbury voucher.

When the offer reappeared I placed another order, BTCO*********, and phoned to check it as, like the previous order, the online tracking only read 'There is a problem with your order'.  I was reassured by the sales team that the team responsible would call me.  This has still not happened, and I have no idea whether or not this order has or will also 'disappear' as the previous one did.

Although three of the sales agents I have spoken to have been very helpful, in general the customer service I have received has been appalling and at times rude, and the order management team appear to have done nothing to progress my order, which leaves me without an internet connection.  I have also used the online form to complain several times, but have received no response.

If someone could please get back to me with how to remedy this, that would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

for your security please delete order ref numbers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Hi MR1,

I am really sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order.

I've dropped you a private message, which includes the link to our order team. You can chat with them online.  This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings