cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordonm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: No phone line, no broadband and Fix date moving without explanation.

I am beyond my wits end! BT Customer Service is simply awful. Individual service desk people are kind and helpful, what appears to be the problem is the infrastructure and resource behind the scenes. BT advertise that home movers will be reconnected quote 'the day you unpack'. It is nothing short of miss-selling. Like others here we are now well beyond our moving date and have had absolutely ZERO response on when we can expect re-connection at our new address. All of our services are BT (broadband, landline, email, BT TV, web-hosting). It is simply unacceptable, particularly during the pandemic that there should be such a feeble response to reconnection of these essential services. For a telecommunications company it is simply ineptitude to have calls disconnected so often during transfers between the endless teams that deal with separate issues. If this is supposed to be a "divide and conquer" strategy the only thing that is being conquered is the long suffering customer. However we can all extract some degree of comfort from the fact that BT blithely announces that if they don't address a complaint within 8 weeks and we haven't been driven mad we can always revert to the ombudsman. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Hi @gordonm  sorry that your services have not been connected at your new address and you can't get any answer when you call in. 
Have you received a new date when your services will be connected?
What type of broadband is to be provided at your new home? 

thanks

John

0 Ratings
gordonm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi John,

Things have gone from bad to disastrously worse. 

Individual BT support people try their best but having to re-explain the whole sorry tale to each new person you talk to, endlessly getting cut off during calls being passed to another team and some lack of specific product knowledge is frustrating to say the least. Not good.

A home move is advertised by BT to be "services reconnected the day you unpack". This is far from the truth in my case. 

Our home move was 8th December and with a date for the installation of fibre in late January 2021 this was too long to be without services. Everything we have is BT; email, broadband, BT TV, BT Virus Protect, web hosting for our consulting business (we consult in mobile and wireless communications so we do know a bit about telecoms!!)

A decision was made to re-activate the original copper broadband which the previous owners of our new home used. This was finally achieved after a nightmare of calls on 29th December. In the mess I ended up with 2 accounts, one at the old address and one at the new address and an alarming serious of warnings telling me my services were all being terminated at my new address no sooner than they had started. Of course, they actually meant at my old address. so that was one worry less, however instead of re-instating ALL our services someone somewhere decided that all we wanted/needed was broadband and a landline. I am now fighting a war of attrition to get some very simple things done: -

1) Re-activation of my BT TV package. They tell me I can't have 4K/HD until I get fibre which is fine. Please, just give me my TV without 4K/HD which is an add-on any way

2) Renewal of my BT Virus Protect so that we are protected.

3) Continuity of our BT email service and web-hosting without which home working will collapse

4) A date to update our copper based broadband to fibre

5) Cessation of services at our old address and operation of My BT on a single account

6) Reliability of support. When you are put on hold for over an hour just to be cut off and individuals fail to call back as promised this is less than acceptable.

As I said, individual support people try their best, but something is badly amiss at BT and management need to stop hiding behind front-line staff. Give them the proper training, support, systems and tools to do their job.

Finally, I made a complaint that in fact we have been miss-sold the home move. I haven't received a single call or email about my complaint. But if they fail to resolve things I have the option to revert to the ombudsman...so that makes it all right then????? 

Any advice on how I might penetrate the impenetrable wall of endemic and systematic chaos at BT would be gratefully received

Gordon

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 6

Hi @gordonm,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry things have gone so badly wrong with your home move order. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with the order. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
gordonm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I tried to send you the information you requested by replying to you on Private Messages. It told me I couldn't send you a private message since you are not set to receive them?

Can you please arrange that I can send you the information you requested.

gordonm

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 6

Hi gordonm, you're not having any luck so I've reset the message service and you should be able to message me ok and I've sent you a Message in case it is easier to reply to me that way.

cheers

John

0 Ratings