cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Re: ORDI Request to Openreach

Hi John

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm desperately trying to get some help to get an ORDI request raised for a new build property I've just moved in to. Can you help?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

@chr15toffer 

Welcome to this user forum.

An ORDI request only applies to a working line, which I assume you do not have yet?

Has the new build got  a direct fibre connection, similar to this?

ont.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Hi Keith

Thanks for the quick reply. You're right, as far as I know there is no working line yet. 2 of the 8 flats in the block show up in the various providers' address lists, but mine does not, so I was thinking they have been through this process successfully somehow. I'm not aware whether there is a direct fibre connection, I guess that would be in a central maintenance area of the building somewhere? In my flat there is a socket marked 'Master Socket 5C' and 'Openreach', if that helps at all?

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Then all you have is a socket.

Your address will be listed as a bronze address.

You will need to place an order for a phone line first, from a Service Provider.

Are you intending to order your service from BT Retail?

Is your address correct on the Royal Mail Postcode Database?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

I've been told that my address is currently listed as silver. Yes, it is listed in the RM postcode database. BT seems to be the only option, other providers have told me that they can't or won't do whatever is necessary or that their service simply isn't available to the postcode.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

If you are going to use BT Retail.

You should still be able to get an order placed for a line only using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.   Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.  You can then add broadband once you have the line up and running

This forum cannot help with any other provider, you would have to contact them instead.

There may be a reason why they do not or cannot provide service. It could be that the speed is going to be below 2Mbs, or there is only a fibre connection to the properties, and they do not sell that service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Keith

Thanks for your help and the explanation, it's very useful.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I am sorry no further forward, disappointed in response from BT, all going well on Communuty chat, as soon as I was to private message an employee of Ooen Reach all communications stopped ... back to square one 😡

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

@RUISGARRY 

Have you actually placed an order with BT for a phone line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings