Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CatastrophicFailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Official Complaint

Yet more update, BT openreach have supposedly matched the address details and everyone is happy.........ooops, still get the 'postcode and number don't match' error on BT's website.

Turns out its another openreach error and they need to 'need to build the address and line details into their systems' and this (surprise surprise) can't be done in seconds, no it needs 5 working days 🙂

Just to remind everyone - My initial attempt to get BT broadband (and inform them of the error in their system) was on the 14th January 2014.  so SEVEN weeks and counting.

Also still waiting for the complaints manager to ring me back...don't think thats going to happen now.  Its the principle that if you wait long enough the person will lose all hope and not chase it up....WAAAHAAYY complaint case complete

0 Ratings
CatastrophicFailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

One final update with regard to this.  After speaking to DavidM the issue has finally been resolved in so much as the address errors have finally been corrected.

David has been polite, helpful and refreshingly candid about the situation, including an insightful conversation about how the complaints procedure is actually handled (or not as the case may be).

At the end of the day I can heartily recommend going through the moderators to get any of your issues fixed, sadly however this doesn't alter the fact that you shouldn't have to go through the moderators.  The almost farcical phone support needs rebuilding from the ground up and sadly I don't believe that there is anyone strong enough (at director level) to be able to do this.

As for my broadband, well... I still want broadband but don't yet feel I can trust BT to deliver it correctly, not to mention the fact I have no spare holiday days left I can risk 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

I am pleased that the Openreach error has been sorted. Ordering BT Broadband should no longer be a problem, and you do not have to be at home, as once you have a working phone line, the rest of the work is done in the exchange.

The majority of customers have no problems at all, and in your case, the issue was with Openreach, and not BT Retail.

You would have had the same problem with another ISP, but I am not sure you would have the same degree of help, as you had from DavidM.

0 Ratings
CatastrophicFailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Actually my problem was also with BT having the incorrect address, Openreach was just another part of the error. 

BT informed me that I needed to be in for the Engineer to come around.

Your quite correct, you certainly aren't sure I would of had the same degree of help from another ISP

But thanks for your response 🙂

0 Ratings