cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmerarmer
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: Official complaints procedure

I would like to make a compaint about the cutomer option department.

I spoke with them last week about moving my service as I was unhappy with the tv service  (well my children were not happy) as it is very slow when changing the channel and scrolling, but now the service is not showing when on certain channels and have to reboot daily.

however I spoke to a lady who said that I had an old box and they could exchange this for youview which is the same as vision.

we went through the other details of my account and changed the broadband option, i agreed to change the services as they has assured me that they would exchange the box.  While changing all the details she said she could not put a request in for the box change until the next day, as I would be charged for this.  It was agreed that she would call be back on saturday morning at 9am.

obviously no call, called back today to speak to a very unhelpful lady, who would not let me speak to a supervisor, said an exchange would cost me £25.  As you can imagine i was furious i asked to speak to a supervisor then to speak to customer complaints, she did not seem to know what to do, she said i needed to speak to technical and raise a complaint with them.  I asked to be transferred and was conveniently cut off.

I have raised a complaint on my account but god know how long that will take, and in the meantime I am now paying more for a service that still dosnt work, i feel i have been duped into staying with BT then left in the lurch when other assistants havnt got a clue. 

I have been with BT a long time and feel that they have not acted ethically when dealing with myself, insisting that I would get a new tv box which will work and now saying that I have to pay for it, and to make things even worse its a ridiculous amount to buy myself out of the contract as no cooling off period.

I hope for someone to be intouch with asap and resolve this matter

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Hi carmerarmer

I am very sorry about this.  I can understand why you would feel annoyed given what has happened. 

I'll be happy to help you out and get to the bottom of this.  The Mod team are quiet busy at the moment so it may take a few days but I promise we will see this through for you as quickly as we can.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
carmerarmer
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I have tried to copy the information but when I went back lost the information you surely can see from the previous info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

just post a link to this post in your reply
0 Ratings
carmerarmer
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

omg this is getting ridiculous now, I received the the equipment as promised and was advised that the box was free and that I would see a charge on my bill with a corresponding credit to clear. o yes you have guessed when the email came your bill is ready online and yes the charges were on the bill. what an absolute shower, they clearly have some processing issues within there company which is affecting the service they are giving there customers. once again a very unhappy customer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

recontact the mod team again they will get this resolved for you
0 Ratings