cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohnston25
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Re: Open Reach has wrong address for me.

i cant see any form where is it

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Are you a BT Retail customer and is your address correct on the Royal Mail Postcode Database?

0 Ratings
johnjohnston25
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

i am a private BT customer or im trying to be! they cant connect me due to open reach saying the address they hold is different

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@johnjohnston25 wrote:

i am a private BT customer or im trying to be! they cant connect me due to open reach saying the address they hold is different

Do you have an existing phone service from another Service Provider, or is this a totally new line you are asking for?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @johnjohnston25 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems placing an order. If you currently have service at your address with another provider they would need to raise the ORDI request directly with Openreach on your behalf. We can only raise these for customers who already have a line with BT.

If you don't have active service with another provider sales would need to place an order using the bronze address process, this would mean we would create the address and get it added to the Openreach system, before connecting the service a survey and engineer appointment would normally be needed. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
johnjohnston25
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

With talk talk it ends this Friday as we cancelled the contract. They have the correct address on there system
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

then at p[resent you need to contact TT as you are still their customer and get them to raise ORDI with openreach or follow @NeilO advice when contacting BT sales and place order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

I cannot imagine TT being interested, but you may be lucky. I suspect you will have to wait until at least next week, when you would in effect, have no provider. Then you would have to follow @NeilO advice, and place a new order with BT Retail.

0 Ratings
johnjohnston25
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

We have an open order with bt they sent out open reach to connect us and bt got feedback that it couldn’t be done! Spoke to BT today they advised our address is a gold match and there shouldn’t be any issues so here we go again bt are gonna try and connect us but now it’ll be the new year!! Just brilliant service (not) so much for wanting customers on board !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

it would have been far easier if you had just contacted BT Retail while still with TT and BT would have arranged the switch from TT to BT  but as you terminated first hence there is no switch of provider and longer delay

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings