Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatfigo10
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Problems Claiming Amazon Echo

Hi,

I have the same problem and still arguing about how you can offer an Amazon Echo and then send me an Echo Dot (2nd Gen).

I took out a broadband contract in the December offer which offered the Echo or £50 reward card, which i thought was pretty good but didn't realise they'd go back on their offer and try and offload outdated tech.

Have discussed this with someone in resolutions and they are reluctant to change their offer, so will be persuing the ombudsman to help resolve this issue. All i wanted was an Echo or if none available after the mass rush the £50 card.

To offer something which you can pick up for £20 is pretty disappointing.

Keep me posted on how you get on if you would.

Thx Wayne

Screen-Shot-2019-01-22-at-21.10.59.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @fatfigo10,

We've had different offers lately such as the Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot and the Fitbit Charge 3. On the page you've shown it states the offer was during the 27th Nov until the 6th Dec. Did you place the order during that time? Also, did you place the order online or did you place your order over the phone with an adviser?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fatfigo10
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Daniel S,

Didn't realise this was a private message as i presumed i'd followed the correct protocol.

I had originally booked online as per the advert then an advisor contacted me to help with the booking and i also took the offer of a BT mobile deal. At this point i was offered a £50 master card or (what i thought) a Amazon Echo. Due to the high demand this item didn't actually appear until after christmas which was pretty disappointing.

Weeks later an Amazon Echo Dot (second generation) appears at my door with a flyer for an Amazon Echo which surprised me no end. So, i've been backward and forward tryingto resolve this only to be told that there is nothing you can do. The fact that BT advertise the Echo and throughout the conversation i don't recall anything mentioned about the Dot, but then to be passed over some OLD tech is very disappointing, at least you should have offered the third gen Dot.

Unless you can help, I'm beginning to feel that i'm not going to get much further as 'policy' keeps being mentioned so once i've received the latest paperwork i'll be contacting the ombudsman to try and resolve.

As i've said it's been a very disappointing experience and i'm goign to find it difficult to believe another BT advisor.

One upset customer
W

0 Ratings
fatfigo10
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Always nice to know one seems to be available to answer any of the questions/issues... same old/same old
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @fatfigo10

Thanks for posting back!

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings