cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howabout001
Message 1 of 5

Re: Remote Activation Failed/Order Cancelled/Routing Issue

Hi,

Was this resolved? and if so, how long did it take?

My partner and I are in a similar situation now; our internet was meant to go live a month and a half ago, but the engineer failed to get it working.

Strangely, another engineer happened to come to our neighbours house the next day to get them set up, got us set up too (woo internet!) then 5 days later it was gone again. We complained, have a case handler, apparently 2 problems have been fixed, a third was meant to be fixed over the weekend but wasn't, now they think it's the routing. It's been so many weeks and every call it's something new, or worse 'we've chased openreach and they'll update us in another week' we're getting so frustrated!

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Is this a FTTP order (Fibre To The Premises), and has any equipment been installed in your house yet?

0 Ratings
howabout001
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Yes it's an fttp order, we moved into our new build in January, with openreach box installed and PON light flashing.

Originally our BT order said activation on 21st Jan, but this was immediately delayed to 5th Feb (which we later realised was because of a problem in activation, all BT had told us was that it was delayed). 

Engineer arrived, tried all morning to get it working, but no luck

Next day, our neighbours wo had also just moved in clearly had an engineer appointment, I saw the engineer and mentioned my frustration, and he tried to get us both online. He succeeded, our PON light stayed solid green, and both houses had glorious internet!

However, 5 or 6 days later, our internet went down again. We called up BT and were told that they had no idea how we had had working internet. and that an engineer had been booked for 4th march. Clearly even more frustrating for us as it had been working!

We now have a case handler chasing openreach, and every time we speak we seem to get a little closer, however it feels like noone knows what is going on. Our neighbours haven't had any issues with their line at all since their original appointment.

This is all the more frustrating as I work from home the majority of the time (not my own business or anything classing as corporate usage) so I'm struggling. I also need a hard ethernet connection for part of my work, which is the biggest frustration in not having internet!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Only the FTTP team can deal with this on 0800 587 4787, as forum members or the forum moderators cannot help with FTTP installations.

If you have a case handler, then all you can do is to keep chasing them up.

0 Ratings
howabout001
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Thanks, we will do. They've been on annual leave and not returned calls recently, which is understandable but frustrating, as it has meant we have still spoken to a different person every time we called!

Thanks
0 Ratings