cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Request equipment return bag

A BT engineer checked my connection and upgraded the broadband hub on 14 Oct. I want to return the old hub and got an email today (19 Oct) encouraging me to do so, but no bag has been received and I have not been able to follow the instructions: "You can also ask for one by logging into My BT and selecting 'View details' under 'Please return your equipment'". As far as I can see, these menu headings are not available in My BT.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi, @intheloft Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, the returns bags don't normally arrive so quickly.  Does the email advise you that the returns bag has been sent already or that you'll receive it in the next few days? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @intheloft 

I would recommend giving BT a call to get them to send you a bag, I'd recently upgraded from FTTC to FTTP with a lull of 2-months in getting swapped over because of infrastructure issues, didn't get a bag sent as promised, however gave them a quick call and three bags turned up the next day.

If you are returning loaned equipment they do charge the £50 'fail to return' fee as I have been stung with it, however as the issues were outside of my control I'm not too worried as it's been sent back and should even itself out on the next billing cycle.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi Neil0. Thanks for the quick reply. The email says: "You'll receive a returns bag from us in the next few days. " Perhaps I'm a bit impatient, but that still leaves the MyBT menu options - or are they only activated after a time delay??
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @intheloft, thanks for posting back. You should receive the returns packaging within 7 days. I would expect the option to order a further returns bag would not be available until this has passed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @JohnC2 , thanks for the advice. If neither a bag not the MyBT options appear, I'll let you know. In the meantime, fingers crossed. Best, Ian

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @pauldavies1980, thanks for the advice. It may come to that! Best, Ian
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @intheloft, do come back if you are still haven't received or can't order a new returns bag and we'll be happy to arrange one for you.

cheers

John 

0 Ratings