cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harricobean
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: The new landline package

We are currently on a 500 mins package, when did the 700 mins come in? Will we be upgraded or do we have to request it? What is the cost?

And will the upgrade to Anytime / Any Length Calls be automatic? My parents are currently on this scheme and my Mum likes to talk too, and often says "I'll have to go now we've been on for 59.30 minutes". 😀

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
barnpiece
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

The 700 minute option has been about for a couple of months and people requesting a new package get offered that and not the 500 minute one. It costs £7 per month.

She doesn't have the hour limit if she is on the 500 minute package (or the 700 one). Also, calls to mobiles are included in the free minutes. No need to redial, but I think if you go over the limit for 2 months you get put onto the unlimited one.

Richard

0 Ratings
Harricobean
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Parents are already on the BT Anytime package, so they can make as many calls as they like already. I wondered if the hour/60mins rule had been removed automatically. Can longer calls be made to eligible landlines and mobiles without additional charge since the 1 Sept?
If so.... I don't think I'll tell them. 😀 An hour on the phone to Mum is long enough.
0 Ratings
barnpiece
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

If they are on the new Unlimited Minutes package (not the old Anytime calls one) then it includes mobiles and calls longer than an hour. I'm not sure if everyone has been moved onto that yet.

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

@Harricobean 

My wife keeps telling me I shouldn't have told my mum she can now talk forever on her new package 😂 Earlier in the week I was on the phone with her for almost 2 and a half hours. I nearly dropped the phone at one point my arm was getting so numb 😂 Every time I told her I had to go she started up a new topic of conversation.

I have a question to throw out there for anyone like myself who is on the old 'Anytime' package. I only pay £1 per month for it as I got it on offer at that price some time back now. Are we still limited to 60 minutes or has that also changed in line with the newer packages? If I'm right I think the old package also only covered calls to BT mobiles, unlike the new package which is inclusive to all mobile platforms?!?

***EDIT*** @barnpiece  has just answered that question of mine whilst I was typing 😀

0 Ratings
Harricobean
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

😂🤣

My Mum does the same thing.... "I'll let you go now... Oh by the way, you know so & so well did you hear.... , (or) .... I spoke with such & such and they told me......  I called into town and this shop had these things on sale.....  OK. Love you Bye for now. .... Oh and your Dad said......" etc etc.  A long time later  still talking. 

I've asked her not to call in the evenings now as my husband leaves the room so he can finish watching whatever on the TV. If she calls in the daytime it doesn't disturb our 'together-time'. 😀

Harricobean
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thank you, I'll get them to check what package they are on.
0 Ratings