Aspiring Contributor
MagicMikeyB

Re: The wrong details have been entered for this broadband service.

this is not a new problem i have'nt been able to view my broadband usage for quite a while now.

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

[ Edited ]

MagicMikeyB wrote:

The wrong details have been entered for this broadband service. Please sign in with the correct details or try accessing the portal from your online account at www.bt.com/mybt

Thanks

This could be because you are using your BT Broadband sign-in details. You have to register separately for MyBT, though you can use the same details as for BTBB to save having to remember another one. The Sign-up link is next to Log-in when you click the MyBT tab.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

I've just noticed that my answer has been given in another thread. That's what happens if you post more than once, but as a new user you will be spared the firing squad.

Access to the monitor has been problematic in recent months due to upgrades. The address that usually works is this.

Aspiring Contributor
MagicMikeyB

HI

I am able to see my phone bill records and usage, should I be able to that if I am using my e-mail username and password.

I could see my broadband usage when I first joined BT but after changing MY BT login password to match my e-mail password t hasn't worked.

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

I realised when I saw the other thread that you had registered for MyBT - that's where you should be able to access the usage Monitor. Click MyBT at the top of this page > Sign in > My services > Broadband > View your broadband usage.

For some unexplained reason, the final link to View your broadband usage is sometimes missing. If so, the link I put in message 3 above usually does the trick. Have you tried that?

Aspiring Contributor
MagicMikeyB

Apologies for my not replying to this thread until now.

( I am having other issues with the date and time on my HH3, wont sync correct with BST always an hour behind and randomly going into standby orange power light)

yes you were right I had to register with a different a name or account to get access to my broadband usage.

Why couldnt I just use the e-mail account settings that i got when i joined up. Would be so much easier and a whole lot easier.

Any way many thanks for all your help, in resolving this issue.

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

MagicMikeyB wrote:

Why couldnt I just use the e-mail account settings that i got when i joined up. Would be so much easier and a whole lot easier.

Because BT services and the BT website are different entities. I chose my email account details when registering with bt.com as it means one less to remember, which achieves what you want. 

AnthBryan

[ Edited ]

Found a solution!

I had exactly the same problem. I logged in using my email and password and could see my phone bill, but received the error above when trying to look at Broadband usage. I had recently chnaged from option 2 to option 3 which I have read in another thread is the cause. So once you see the error, follow these steps:

1, Sign out of MyBT

2, Click Join MyBT (top right corner)

3, Specify exatcly the same email / password / GB... account number / Phone number (it did not complain that I was already registered)

4, It sends email to welcome you (again....)

5, sign in

6, The iusage now works!

It seems just recreating the account fixes the issue.