Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanlittle
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Unfair engineer charge - taking complaint further

Go to solution
I’ve had a similar problem with BT. When I first reported my fault I was advised that the fault was from outside the house. First appointment the engineer didn’t even turn up and then I had to call them to arrange a second appointment. I was then called by BT and advised that the fault was from my phone line and to carry out the necessary checks using their youtube video (which I did).
A BT engineer then came out after me advising over the phone that my phone and broadband would work individually but wouldn’t work combined. The BT advisor said for an engineer to look at the fault and the after the engineer coming out he done a few tests and all of sudden a faulty light appeared on the modem which wasn’t initially there. He then re-set the phone line due to our download speed being 3mb with BT infinity and we now received speeds of 30mb. It seems bizarre that a BT engineer moving a few things around has all of a sudden caused a fault on the modem.
I was charge a whopping £130 for this which is rodiculous, I have only been with BT 6 months and since changing provider it’s been terrible and I regret transferring to BT. For the sake of charging me £130 my family and the businesss I am invested in/work for who are provided with BT and spend almost £1200 per month are all changing providers. So for the sake of miss charging someone £130 for a fault that was checked prior to the engineer coming to the property, BT will be loosing on roughly £1320 a month.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Deanlittle,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you feel the engineer's charge is unjustified.  You can have a word with our >> billing live chat team << this afternoon about this.

Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Deanlittle
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hello Robbie,
Thank you for your reply! I’ve spoken to a member of BT and they just explained why the charge was added and said the fee can’t be removed. Throughout the whole process we’ve been advised by BT that the fault is outside the house, then it was the line and now they’re saying it’s the modem. It just seems like they want to do everything they possible can to charge the £129.99 engineer fee, without actually listening to the customer.
The other things that’s frustrating is that it seems the engineer hasn’t reported all the problems that he had to sort this end. It seems from a BT advisor that he’s put the modem was faulty in his report. I’ve been with BT 6 months and already a fault with the modem, yet it was working before the engineer arrived.
The engineer certainly failed to report the fault with the line and that he had to reset it as it wasn’t running properly.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Deanlittle,

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry that you're frustrated with what you have been told.  We'll be happy to take a look at the engineer's report for you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Deanlittle
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Hello Robbie,
Many thanks for your message, that’ll be great if you could take a look at the engineers report, I’ve messaged you.Although I do feel from what I was told on the phone that the engineers report doesn’t include all the work that he carried out. In doing so it looks like it come across that we are at fault.
Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Deanlittle I can't see your details in our email queue. Did you Private message @RobbieMac? If so you'll need to resend your details using the click here to contact the mods link. The link is visible if you click my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Deanlittle
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hello Neil,

I messaged Rob but haven’t received a response but managed to fill the contact the mods on your account. I hope that this can be resolved and I can received my £129.99 that I’m entitled to.

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Deanlittle,

Thanks for posting back and apologies for the delay in my response.

You've followed the correct steps using our contact link.  I have checked and we have received your details.  We deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them so as soon as you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch to help you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Deanlittle,

Thank you for taking my call today. I can confirm that the charge was incorrectly applied and this has been removed.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings