cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Re: Upgrade required to view this content

Go to solution

BT Sport tells me I need to upgrade my package whenever I go to play any live sport. It works through my BT TV box but not my laptop, or the BT Sport app on my other television. I have tried using an Xbox One with the app too. I have also tried all previous suggestions and they haven't worked. Resetting cookies etc. 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: 'You need to upgrade your package to view this content' - BT Sport monthly pass

Go to solution

Do you have full subscription to BT Sport or is it one that comes free with a mobile package? If it's the free version, it's only for small screen access

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Re: BT sport app says I need to upgrade subscription but I've got a monthly pass?

Go to solution

@JamesBrennan1Do you have BT TV with an active BT Sports addon ? the monthly pass is something different.

If you can watch on BT TV but not any other device, I suspect your BT ID doesn't have you listed as the account holder, can you try the following :

Please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager
  4. Click on the I should be the Account holder link and follow the steps
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Re: BT sport app says I need to upgrade subscription but I've got a monthly pass?

Go to solution

James has contacted me directly, and I can confirm that there is an issue with his BT ID. This will be manually resolved tomorrow.

Message 5 of 20

Go to solution
Just to update on this one - as a result of this investigation, we have identified an issue with our ordering system that also affected over 1200 other customers. Those accounts are now fixed, and the system has been corrected.
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
Hi Darren, mine is still not fixed. I pay for the monthly pass but my app is telling me I am only the light subscription and need to upgrade on every channel. Please help.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
Send me a DM with your BT ID and I'll check it out @wphill
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
I'm still having the same problem.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Can you please send me a DM @mattmurphy218 so that I can take a look at your account

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Hi, apols for the thread bump. I am having this same issue with my BT Sport Ultimate thru EE. I can't view anything on Xbox Series S, Roku app or web browser.

Online support chart was less than helpful.

Could you help me please?

0 Ratings