Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
avesovum
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Why can't BT sort out a complaint properly

BT are bigger Jokers than SKY. I switched to BT beacuse my SKY broadband service became appalling. I was getting between 3 - 3.5 MB speed with sky so i called BT and asked them they could do any better and they said I would get between 4 - 8MB when they did a line test. So i was delighted and went with BT.

I have now been with BT for 3 Weeks and they can only supply 2.5 MB speed which I find rediculous as they promised between 4 - 8MB - so now the are liars just to secure a sale. Im also a bit perplexed as the telephone lines belong to BT and yet SKY could give me a faster connection. What a joke.

Im sick of talking to their foreign call center as all i get out of them is a pre-written script and I actually had one member of their call center staff from India called Veera shout at me saying "YOU CANT GET ANY FASTER THAN 2.5MB. I was gobsmacked at his outburst and put the phone down on him. I have allready complained to BT but it has fallen on deaf ears.

When I use BT's own online speed tester it says that the line can be improved but they want £90 to improve it. Bunch of god **bleep** Con-Men. Why should I have to pay £90 for a service that I was promised in the first place.

As I've had dealings with BT before, I recorded the initial conversation with the staff member that said I would get between 4-8MB, Im now going to complain to OFFCOM and send the recording to BBC watchdog unless they sort this shoddy service out.

What a **bleep** disgrace and embarrassment this once great telecoms company used to be.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Can you run the following checker which will show what your line can support and after that run the speed checker and the further diagnostics and post all the results including the IP profile for up and down. Once you have posted them members of the forum may be able to help.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
avesovum
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

DSL checker didn't work, Ive had my broadband for nearly a month now and it returns the following explanation.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Welcome to the Broadband Availability checker. This will provide a provisional check of your ability to receive reliable Broadband services.

Please enter your telephone number.

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

If this is a new BT number and does not appear after 24 hours then please click here for further details.

Results for BT Wholesale Test:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.35 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.17 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was0.57Mbps

Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is0.83 Mbps

These are the same results the BT call center staff kept repeating to me, but couldnt answer why Sky was faster.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

A possible answer is your Sky broadband was on there LLU up to 20mb service and your BT service is on the ADSLmax up to 8mb service
also is your phone service with BT as well as your broadband
0 Ratings
markram75
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Don't expect anything avesovum. I've posted two complaints on this forum and received no response whatsoever!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

this is a customer help customer community forum  your posts do not go to BT

please stop spamming the boards as it just causes confusion and makes replies difficult to follow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@markram75 wrote:

Don't expect anything avesovum. I've posted two complaints on this forum and received no response whatsoever!

Have you seen this thread that you posted?

http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Being-overcharged-for-additional-broadband-I-m-not-using/m...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote.

markram75.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, registered on site 25/09/2013 two posts made 25/09/2013 @14.16 and 15.05 then telling another poster not to expect any help because he still had not got any response to his problemsSmiley Surprised

toekneem

(EASBF)