cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John905
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Why has my broadband order been cancelled without specifying a reason and without notifying me

My experience in trying to transfer to BT Infinity has been similarly awful to many of the stories I have come across on this forum. Suckered in by financial incentives via Quidco and a prepaid Mastercard I am severely questioning my sanity in continuing to pursue this switch to BT any further. My original online order seemed to go swimmingly, only for a message shortly afterwards explaining that there was a problem with my payment details and that I should provide new details for an account with sufficient funds. **bleep** cheek as the credit card used is nowhere near its limit and and was accepted by the online ordering process. It was subsequently admitted as an issue at the BT end. Cue a whole series of calls to people trying to do their best from locations including Dundee, Northern Ireland, Liverpool and elsewhere.  As stated by others the advice is to take a re-order which will then nullfy the incentives that brought you to BT in the first place. Alternatively you are given the option of starting the whole process again, if you don't mind a significant hike from the terms you previously ordered at. After much negotiating I reordered by phone under my original conditions, though it is hard to describe just how much went wrong with this one simple order placed with an offshore call centre. So back to square one. I cancelled that order and replaced it with an online order at the more expensive prices. All seemed well until 48 hours before activation. The TV equipment arrived, but no router. So I checked the tracking system. Up to now all the emails had assured me all was going to plan, but drill down and the tracking order showed the BT Broadband order had been cancelled by BT the day after I placed the **bleep** thing. Cue more phone calls and very strained communication with the offshore call centres. It is very difficult to get across your message and equally hard trying to pick up what they are trying to say. I was promised a call back from complaints regarding this, but as yet nothing. My online order still shows everything as progressing fine, but with the fly in the ointment that BT has cancelled my broadband order. A router did eventually arrive after the TV box, and after trying things out it seems I have a telephone line that works (albeit with a new number), a TV service that partially works (no sign of BT Sports) and an internet connection that while at least functional is not Infinity. To anyone in the same position I would highly recommend recording your calls with a recording app, as it seems verbal offers and assurances will be made for which there will not be any subsequent proof. If anyone from BT is monitoring this I would really appreciate your input to sort this out. I have completely lost faith in calling and then being diverted to an offshore centre to modify an order, which seems to invariably exacerbate the situation. I am also astounded at how BT can justify simply cancelling an order for Infinity but deciding not to let their prospective new customer know they have done this.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why has my broadband order been cancelled without specifying a reason and without notifying me

@John905 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about your recent order issues. I'm really sorry that the original prices and ordered services have not been honoured, we'll be happy to help you get this sorted if you send me over your details.

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You'll can find the link by clicking on my @NeilO.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
John905
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Neil, will do. I appreciate your swift reply.

0 Ratings