cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Re: Wrong phone number against account when placing order

I have had the same problem for 6 years and despite a lot of calls, emails and even letters it has never been resolved to this day. My account is still tied to a number I haven't had for over 6 years (been through 2 address changes and numerous service changes since then) but still it lingers. At least I am no longer being billed for someone in Stoke (when I was living in Aberdeen, that took 2 years to fix with no apology or compensation). Presuming my current issue will never be fixed as no one gives a damn despite it probably being really easy to fix . No idea if there has been any impact on the current owner of the number still assigned to me but it has caused some minor workaround able issues for me like some of those listed above.

I used to work for BT 20 years ago and we would have been crucified if we had been so lax back then handling a customer problem.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wrong phone number against account when placing order

Hi @mikeclarknorseman,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear that the wrong phone number is showing against your BT account.

Can you go into a little more detail, when you say the wrong number is showing against your account where is this wrong number showing (On bills, MyBT products etc)? 

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings