cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachelwalden
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: broadband delay

Hi there - I've just joined this forum because I don't know how to get any resolution from **Edited**.  I moved into a new build property on 15th March and had placed my order for phone line and broadband. There was some discussion as to what work needed doing and the builder spoke to someone from the Salisbury office to sort this out. He then completed his part of the work in the first week of May.  I had already been in contact with BT concerning this a number of times (with some almost laughable on-line conversations with the help centre) and it took that long for them to inform me of what needed doing.  Since then I have had weekly calls telling me that my order is a priority and they will call me back the next Thursday with an update.  The update is always just to say that they will call me the following Thursday.  Yesterday's promised call never happened and when I emailed to complain about this they said they had tried to call and had left a voicemail.  There are no missed calls and no voicemail on my mobile and they can't call my land line because, guess what....?!  They also mentioned in the email that Openreach were going to resource my order by 16th June and that they would call again to check on 17th June.  What does 'resource' mean?  It does not seem to mean 'complete'.  It's a simple job - they need to dig a short distance from the driveway to the pole and connect the cable that the builder has already passed through the underground piping.   How many Thursdays do I have to await their calls between 8am and 8pm?  There are only 52 in a year and by then they will have already used up six of them.  What really makes me cross is that I can't go to another company and there is no compensation for loss of business (both my partner and I work from home) or for the fact that we are having to pay out constantly for mobile data.  No business should be able to run this way.  What should I now do to get this order (placed in good faith) sorted?

Many thanks

Rachel

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @rachelwalden

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting your services and I do appreciate the time you have taken to chase this up.  New build addresses can take longer to connect due to the work needed on the network to connect the address. 

Can you send us over your details and we will check what's causing the hold up and manage everything for you from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
rachelwalden
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Robbie thanks for your reply but I cannot complete the necessary form because I have not yet been allocated an account number.  Please advise.  My order number is **Edited** and my post code is BA12 9JR.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @rachelwalden

Thanks for posting back!

For the purpose of completing the form, just use the format AB12345678 and we'll pick things up that way.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
rachelwalden
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi again.  I received a call from BT today (thanks for instigating that) but it was just to apologise and sympathise without any new information.  After listening to the chap waffle on for a while I asked him what was the reason for the call.  I'm still not quite sure.  I asked why it was only ever possible for Cardiff to call me "next Thursday".  Apparently that is just the system.  He also said that BT has no more clout with Openreach than any other provider and that there are cases that have been hanging around far longer than mine.  Is that supposed to make me feel better?  None of it is of any concern to me and just adds to the general impression of futility.  He eventually sort of reluctantly asked whether I wanted to escalate the complaint to the next level and I said I did because that is what I asked on the enquiry form in the first place.  I now await another call.  I wonder whether it will be next Thursday?  I wish there was another provider to turn to - how many customers would BT manage to retain if they did not have this monopoly on telephone lines?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

if you compltede the email to the mods then just wait the day or so for mods getting back to you as they will take ownership until resolved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings