cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishman6064
Message 1 of 4

Re: bt yahoo braodband account number

I am in the same situation as many of the posters on this forum. I have a separate Broadband account for BTYahoo and had no number for it. Despite numerous telephone calls to BT they were unable to find my account number . I now have a number supplied by BT but it is in the OLD format - that is just a number with 10 digits not prefixed by two letters. When I try and access any BT services , BTSport for example it only accepts a number with the two letters in front . Can any one help with this as I am getting to the point of frustration and the possibility that I may have to switch my Internet provider. I have been with BT since 2005.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance. They will post an invite on this thread, giving you a link, so you can contact them.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi fishman6064

Apologies, sounds like you have an old account, should not pose a problem though, I'll get it straightened out for you.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fishman6064
Message 4 of 4

Craig.

I have now received my Broadband account number - starts with "GB"  which they seem to have added to a number they gave me two weeks ago. That said I still cannot access BTsport . All I get is a message saying "were sorry" but you need to have a BT broadband account to access BTsport although during registration attempt the BT programme accepts the account number. It seems we are just going around in the same circles as before. Phoned again and have had various messages along the lines of :-

1)    Working on the cabinet.

2)    Upgrading in the exchange.

3)    "Mass migration"  whatever that means ???.

It seems that I am going to have to wait until the "Mass Migration" is completed in about a week to 10 days.

Fishman6064

0 Ratings