cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 31 of 70

Re: Re-contract on the 1st June for Free BT Home Hub 4!

Holy **bleep** 3 access points, do you live in a mansion or something or do you just live in a town centre with ridiculous amounts of wifi blocking your signal.

I live in a 2 up 2 down semi in a large village with a few wifi routers around and I can get a full signal on the hub wherever I am in the house and about halfway down the garden (very long garden) I did used to have an old homehub 1 in the garage on the end of an 85mb homeplug which boosted my signal to cover the entire back garden and out into the private road. Those were some tough bits of kit as the garage is an unheated wooden shack and in the winter temperatures used to get down to -20*c and they still worked perfect.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 32 of 70

They normally don't try to install anything; that way they get away quicker and onto the next job.

If they did, it might include McAfee and BT Desktop Help.  It is all on that dangerous CD that comes with the HomeHub.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 33 of 70

You don't have to have it, all they will do is connect you to the hub using the default password and direct you to BBC Iplayer to prove to you that infinity results in less buffering and then that's it.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 70

@Stuey3d wrote:
Holy **bleep** 3 access points, do you live in a mansion or something or do you just live in a town centre with ridiculous amounts of wifi blocking your signal.

I live in a 2 up 2 down semi in a large village with a few wifi routers around and I can get a full signal on the hub wherever I am in the house and about halfway down the garden (very long garden) I did used to have an old homehub 1 in the garage on the end of an 85mb homeplug which boosted my signal to cover the entire back garden and out into the private road. Those were some tough bits of kit as the garage is an unheated wooden shack and in the winter temperatures used to get down to -20*c and they still worked perfect.

lol - have huge rooms, it like a tardis - ground floor = 16ft x 16ft lounge, 17ft x 16ft dining room then 10ft kitchen so length of house is about 43ft long -got 3 floors in total and have some steel girders where some walls knocked out. trouble is round where we live everyone is on internet and 2.4Ghz is swamped - have one user using a netgear which must be using high gain antennas - luckily I have few devices to run on 5Ghz so mainly use that, with wife's iphone and 1 tablet using 2.4Ghz

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 70

I have contacted BT and they said you will be able to get the Home Hub 4 for £35 on the 3rd June 2013 (3/6/2013)

Also, it is going to be a one-off charge on your bill as well.

Also I don't reccomend you contract if you are on Unlimited Evening and Weekend calls. If you recontract. This will be removed and if you want it back it costs £2 a month extra!

0 Ratings
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 70

Well tried 3 times this week by phone to get a home hub 4 for £35 +p&p first phone call operator says there only for new customers and existing ones carnt get one less you pay the full £109, don't think so !, second phone call existing customers can get them not sure about price but not available until August don't think so ! , Third phone call yes they are available to existing customers £35 + £6.95 p&p but they cannot order me one until 1st June 8am online or by phone but full payment only by card not on your bill, oh well don't mind paying in full well let's see what tomorrow brings ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 70

At the time of posting this, the expected release date for existing customers for the HH4 is 1 August.

I have this confirmation in writing as well as being told this 6 times by different BT reps.

I can't say anymore at this time:(

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SaiBork
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 70

Really, still only 1 Gbit port? That's really disappointing imo. Any device that has a network interface nowadays is Gbit, yet BT only gives you 1 Gbit port, so you still need a 3rd! device to set you up with a Gbit network at home...

Also, fastest Infinity option is faster than 100 Mbps, so you won't even be able to use max speed on all ports.

0 Ratings
interox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 70

I've just contracted for the sports from august, am I entitled to a HH4 and will my p2p restrictions be removed?

0 Ratings
GotCaught
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 70

@Dean235 wrote:

I have contacted BT and they said you will be able to get the Home Hub 4 for £35 on the 3rd June 2013 (3/6/2013)

Also, it is going to be a one-off charge on your bill as well.

Also I don't reccomend you contract if you are on Unlimited Evening and Weekend calls. If you recontract. This will be removed and if you want it back it costs £2 a month extra!

could you please elaborate on that. what option of broadband is this?

0 Ratings