Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re-contract while I have a discount

Go to solution

If I re-contract my broadband while I have a discount will I keep this discount until it runs out?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Re-contract while I have a discount

Go to solution

You can not have an "old and "new" contract running at the same time. Any discount you have will be for the "old" contract. If you start a new contract the discount you had will stop when the "old" contract stops it will not carry onto the new contract unless you have negotiated a discount on the new contract. 

0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, the £25 gift card offer for re-contracting isn't worth it then.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Not sure if I fully understood the question but there appears to be some inconsistency in BT's approach. I recontracted a couple of weeks before my current deal expired and the new price was higher. I asked if my new contract could start when my old contract expired but was told that was not possible but I have been told by another forum member that it is possible.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@davidmridge61 wrote:

Not sure if I fully understood the question but there appears to be some inconsistency in BT's approach. I recontracted a couple of weeks before my current deal expired and the new price was higher. I asked if my new contract could start when my old contract expired but was told that was not possible but I have been told by another forum member that it is possible.

As the forum member mentioned you can request the new contract to start at a later date. In my case I have recontracted on the 14 May 2016 with a start date of 10 June 2016 and this year recontracted on 11 May with a start date of  9 June. The reason I do it is so that the contract ties in fairly close to the LRS renewal date and this is explained to customer options that doing this is essential.

The inconsistency I think relates to who you are talking to and probably what mood they are in. You need to expect to ring the options team several times to get what you may want and you need to be polite but firm and quote what other ISPs charge.

0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I am 6 months into 12 months of a broadband discount of £4 a month, but there was an offer banner on my account offering a £25 voucher if I recontracted for 18 months. If I lose the discount then it's not worth it and I'll ring looking for a new discount instead when the current one runs out.

0 Ratings