cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reef
Message 1 of 6

Re-contracted Infinity 1 New Smart Hub?

Hi all,

I re-contracted yesterday on Infinity 1 for 24 months, should I receive a new Smart Hub?

It doesn't say on my order and I didn't know whether you automatically receive one.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Re-contracted Infinity 1 New Smart Hub?

Welcome to this user forum.

Why would you want a smart hub, is your existing home hub faulty?

0 Ratings
Reef
Message 3 of 6

Firstly I've read that you get it just because you have re-contracted but my main reason is becuase I need a longer range and stronger signal.  So if it should be part of the packages it would save me having to by an extender etc. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Reef wrote:

Firstly I've read that you get it just because you have re-contracted but my main reason is becuase I need a longer range and stronger signal.  So if it should be part of the packages it would save me having to by an extender etc. 

The Smart Hub is no better than the home hub 5, there are plenty of threads on this forum complaining about the smart hub. Wireless power output is the same, as its a UK licensing restriction.

Wireless is restricted to only three channels instead of 13 channels. Some incompatible issues with existing devices as well.

If you need to connect devices which are out of range, then the BT Hotspot 600 kit is the best option.

If you still want the smart hub, then you would still have to pay something towards it, when you did re-contract.

0 Ratings
Reef
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the info that's very helpful.

I re-contracted yesterday.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@Reef wrote:

Never believe marketing hype.

0 Ratings