cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlb
Message 1 of 3

Re: fair use policy

I haver a full BT unlimited package with TV etc Not cheap but always been with BT. now im told im using too much and over the fair use policy . and here is the usefull guid to usage sent to me ! 

Browsing for 30 hours a month+Watching online TV for four hours a month (like BBC iPlayer)+Streaming video for 6 hours a month (like YouTube)+Downloading one standard definition film a month

so thats one hour a day max on internat  and i can only watch catch up tv for an hour a week. !!!!! is sombody havig a laugh. when i took out the new TV package because i was moving home was told "yes your unlimited" has this anything to do with the push to sell the newly installed infinity in my area or am i just cynical !   

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

are you sure your package is unlimited as that looks more like the 10gb package.  check by signing in to MYBT at BT.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

The full Fair Usage Policy is here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy

If you are on unlimited broadband, it should be completely unlimited.  There is no monthly quota at all - BT scrapped that years ago.  There are people who download hundreds of gigabytes a month, and BT does not stop them or impose extra charges.

You need to check that MyBT thinks that you have the package that you think you have.

0 Ratings